Fast food places do you frequent and what do you get there?

Options

Replies

• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I go to subway way too much :laugh: If I ever hit up Mcdonalds or any other generic burger place and I'm trying to not go over my calories I usually go with the chicken sandwich grilled and a smoothie or water. I've found at most places that is a pretty safe meal to go for.

And I've never had chipotle >o< that one is on like everyone's lists! What am i missing out on?! Gahh :<
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I adore Taco Bell, but haven’t been since my birthday last year (which was late June).

Love me some Subway, tho...
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chick - Fila Grilled Chicken Sandwhich on Wheat or Chick - Filas Chicken Salad Sandwhich on Wheat...with a fruit cup very healthy good and low cal.
  • jadlpc222
    Options
    I really like the fresco menu from Taco Bell too. Cheap, and low cal for sure.
    I am a sucker for Popeye's and Wendy's, but try to avoid it if possible. I also like Subway, which is easy to customize as we all know.
  • northfresh
    Options
    I rarely eat fast food, but I have aad crazy coffee addiction! When I go to a cafe almost always treating myself to a 12oz non fate quad shot latte, no syrup. Otherwise I drink black drip at home.

I do however work as a cook at a bar, which is in my opinion fast and tempting food. So I try to feed off the salad line and snack on carrots as much as possible and avoid burgers and fries.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" ham is good on calories and if I'm stuck at mcD's I get a chicken salad (of the month) with no dressing and no nuts.
    We really don't eat out much, maybe once a month so it's not such a big deal.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Panda Express. I get the steamed veggies and a couple of their low cal meat dishes. I can get outta there for under 600 calories and have a ton of protein and a very happy tummy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I stop at McD's often for breakfast. #2: Sausage & Egg McMuffin w/ Cheese, Hashbrown, Large coffee.

My other fast food fave's are The Whopper or Whopper Jr meal from BK, or Double Decker Taco Supremes from Taco Bell
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chipotle for sure! I could eat every meal there. Subway is decent, but not my favorite. Wendys (Chili and Baked Potato) is good too.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My go-to places when I'm too busy to cook are Panera, Subway, or Chick Fil A. I don't eat out a lot, but with a full time job, school, and husband on midnights, and 2 very active kids it unavoidable at times. All places are high in sodium, but the calorie counts are reasonable.

Panera: Either a 1/2 Fuji Apple Chicken Salad or the 1/2 Thai Chicken Salad (both are yummo), and chicken noodle soup or vegetable pesto soup....and of course a baguette :devil: . (Around 450 calories)

Subway: A 6 in Turkey Breast on Wheat (sometimes with Ham), all veggies, no cheese, no sauce, salt and pepper. (Around 350 calories)

Chick Fil A: Grilled Chicken Meal with a Side Salad, LIght Italian Dressing, and a Diet Lemonade (no croutons, no BBQ sauce on chicken) (Around 450 calories)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Subway either 12 inch Big Philly, Double meat chicken or club
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't do fast food either. I prefer a restaurant, if I am away from home and need to get a meal. you can order a nice salad, no dressing and some type of meat-either chicken breast, pork loin or steak the way you like. it works great for me. that's the way my meals are at home as well. cooked the way I like.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to cheeseburgers.... so once a week and it varies where from but A&W is my favorite. =)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    McDonald's bacon ranch salad or chicken nuggets
    Tropical Smoothie Cafe's turkey bacon ranch sandwich and most of their fruit smoothies
    Hot Head (regional thing) spicy chicken bowl with white rice, guacamole, and pico
    Taco Bell's cantina bowl or steak quesadilla
    Quaker steak (another regional thing) wings, grilled wings, and magna fries (with bacon and cheese)

Being in a college town, these places are all within walking distance, so it's really easy to eat at them.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wendy's - small chili and side salad
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't go all the time, I usually bring my lunch to work but when I do go out I'll get:

Chick Fil A - Chargrilled & Fruit Salad w/ 1/2 packet of Honey Mustard
    Wendy's - Baked potato (no sour cream/butter) with small chili
    Subway - Usually a turkey or veggie sub or a tery chicken on a salad
    Panera - soup/salad or salad/sandwhich
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, I haven't even heard about a lot of these places.

Thank you for mentioning Chipotle's online calculator. I just realized that I can have a bowl with everything loaded (steak, rice, fajita veggies, sour cream and cheese and 2 salsas). -- I just have to eat exactly half of it and I'll be fine.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The only fast food I eat on a regular basis is Jimmy John's Country Club, with avocado and no mayo.

If I eat anywhere else (rare occasion) I make sure it can fit into my calories.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    McDonalds- Egg McMuffin and small nonfat sugar free vanilla latte at breakfast. For lunch I'll eat the grilled chicken ranch blt.
    Subway- 6" wheat ham and turkey with all veg except onions and jalepeno and a little honey mustard
    Chipotle-burrito bol with brown rice, fajita veg, steak, lots of pico, and cheese
    KFC-Grilled chicken breast and side salad with fat free ranch