ADVICE!

Options
Does anyone else do any of the beachbody workouts? I just started turbofire and it's all cardio, so I have no idea how many calories I burn during my exercise ... and there is no exercise really like that on here.. last night I just put it in as aerobics. Any advice from anyone out there??

Replies

• sherrygrace12
    Options
    Hi! I do Insanity and the only way to know is from a heart monitor. I always low ball what it says just to be safe.
  • ksmoove1
    ksmoove1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor is the only real way to know
  • MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    If you're going to get a heart rate monitor, invest in one that you can calibrate based on your height, weight, age and it should be relatively accurate.

It's really hard to estimate otherwise because its really individual to you, your health, your body, and your effort level so I can't be of much more help than that :(
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing an Insanity/TurboFire hybrid calendar. Agree with the only real way to tell is with a HRM. I would suggest getting one if you want to know your true heart rate and calorie burn during this workouts. I do not eat back my exercise calories most days, but I'm a numbers person and obsessed with my calorie burns. I write them on my calendar each day after my workout is complete. I did google onces and find these average numbers for the TF workouts. Would give you a ball park, but just a guestimate as true calorie burns depend on your heart rate, weight, etc.

Per a blog I found a while back before I got my HRM, these are average calorie burns for the TF workouts.

HIIT 15: 125
    HIIT 20: 155
    HIIT 25: 200
    HIIT 30: 280
    Greatest HIIT's: 178
    FIRE 30: 260
    FIRE 45ez:
    FIRE 45: 380
    FIRE 55ez: 450
    FIRE 60: 500
    TONE 30: 136
    UPPER 20: 103