FREE healthy food and a great workout- gardening

Options
Spring is almost here! What are you planting this year?

Replies

• fionaeharvey
    Options
    I am planning on planting loads of salad leaves and vegetables! My father in law is coming over to help me dig up the garden, really want to get involved and burn those cals!
  • cassandramurphy1
    Options
    I have carrots, beans, eggplant, tomatoes, chilli's, leek, spring onions, sweet pea and something like spinach i cannot remember what it is called i also planted alot of flowers
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    LOL....I wish I was good with plants and gardening. I tend to kill everything or the freaking slugs eat it all!
  • cassandramurphy1
    Options
    all you have to do is follow the instructions on the back of the seed packet lol it is very rewarding by the end of it
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The easiest (for me) is carrots so that's my favorite. Then zucchini and tomatoes of course. Also potatoes, beans and bell peppers. I also grow strawberries, even though I can't eat them cuz I'm allergic - my family gets those. And I grow sunflowers for the birds. I have an orange tree and a lemon tree and several perennial herbs. I failed at cabbage though. I don't think I'll be doing that one again. That was just a big earwig magnet! :grumble:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    LOL....I wish I was good with plants and gardening. I tend to kill everything or the freaking slugs eat it all!

Put out a little tub of beer and those greedy little slugs and snails will fall in and drown.
  • cassandramurphy1
    Options
    brilliant
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Our asparagus will be harvested this year. Tons of herbs, tomato, garlic, beans, greens, lots of tuber and root. Mouth watering already for fresh blue and raspberries, watermelon yumm. If you need any organic gardening tips i can help. Have be practicing organic gardening for years.
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and asparagus. Mmmmmm!