Fast food places do you frequent and what do you get there?

Options
13»

Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken quesidilla from del taco. Not really good for me but yummy.
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A small Fresh Veggie sandwich at Schlotzskys is only 337 cals, and SOO yummy.
  • sjoytomasi
    Options
    Love Wendy's Apple Pecan chicken salad (half size). Low in calories and fat and fills me up. You can skip the pecans to save even more calories but I don't ;)
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    Panera bread. Usually a you pick two with a salad/sandwich combo.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - Loaded Potato Griller......oh wait, are these supposed to be "good" choices..?! lol
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I get Hale & Hearty a lot when they have soup that I like that is also lower in calorie on that day's menu.. I also sometimes get a salad they mix there.
    silly but whenver i visit NYC we go to hale and hearty for lunch. The soup is so good! Of course I don't live on the east coast anymore so I wont' even get the once a year anymore.. man I missed the city last Christmas!!

fast food places huh? I like noodles and company.. but very select things.. bangcok curry no meat and cucumber tomato salad or thai soup..

I also like the tacos at taco express. Best things next to my own.

Wing stop if I can't quell the wing craving myself at home..

Went to Panera bread for the 1st time last month and got thier cobb salad.. it was good.. suprised me :)

My guy like Qdoba and will drag me there once in a great while.

But I rarely eat at any of them. Sometimes if i'm not paying attention to what i use to cook, i log my food as those things, just to cover the calories. Happens occasionally.. like mostly when my guy is the one doing the cooking. Damn southern comfort food. LOL
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Chickfila..I actually get a kids meal. 4 piece nuggets, small fruit cup, lowfat milk. I also include a side salad with ff dressing.
    I love Chipolte but I put lots of sour cream and stuff on my chicken bowl so it doesn't end up being very healthy. I don't go there often:(
  • iSarahMay
    Options
    I live in the UK and love Nandos..
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Nandos chicken in a pitta or chicken with peas and corn. YUM!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK and love Nandos..

Ha! Posted at the exact same time!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like to go to Subway where I get a 6 inch pepperoni and bacon with cheese and veggies.

Occasionally I get a bowl of soup at Tim Horton's.

If I go somewhere that takes up more calories such as McDonald's, I'll get a single cheeseburger dressed like a Mac....if I go to Burger King I get a veggie burger.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I get 3-4 grilled chicken patties (and that's it) from Mcdonalds all the time.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Trying to avoid most fast food but I've gotten in the habit of Dunkin Donuts for breakfast lately. I need to go back to preparing breakfast... it's hard when I get up early and have to be out of the house... oh well..
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Just did this yesterday in another thread, so forgive me for cutting and pasting:

KFC: Grilled chicken breast and wing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans = 445 calories

Taco Bell: 2 chicken soft tacos fresco, side of black beans = 380 calories

Steak n' Shake: Single steakburger with small fries = 520 calories

Panda Express: Panda Bowl with half steamed rice, half veggies and Kung Pao Chicken = 465 calories. If you don't feel like rice, get just veggies for the side and add Broccoli Beef for a 2-entree plate and it's only 430 calories.

Wendy's: Jr. Hamburger and small chili = 460 calories

McDonald's: Hamburger Happy Meal (burger, fries, apple slices, low-fat milk) = 470 calories

Burger King: Whopper Jr., value onion rings = 490 calories

Popeye's: Spicy thigh, red beans & rice = 490. Less food for the calories because the chicken is fried, but the beans & rice are filling. And Popeye's spicy is my favorite fried chicken in the whooooooooole world.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Haven't done fast food for years, even gave up gluten so there is really not much in fast food restaurants that I can eat anyway. We all make our choices. I like to know how my food is made, where it comes from and what is in it. I prefer to spend my calories on whole clean and healthy food. this is forever for me. Fast food was the first to disappear and will never be back.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Haven't done fast food for years, even gave up gluten so there is really not much in fast food restaurants that I can eat anyway. We all make our choices. I like to know how my food is made, where it comes from and what is in it. I prefer to spend my calories on whole clean and healthy food. this is forever for me. Fast food was the first to disappear and will never be back.

Well this thread really wasn't intended for you then was it...
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I could eat fast food every single day if it wouldn't kill me. But it would, so I have to try really hard with this.

What I try for:

Mr. Sub - Veggie Sub, rarely I'll get a Turkey Sub with veggies.
    Harvey's (burger place) - Veggie Burger with fries
    Tim Horton's - Chicken Wrap

What I really want:

McDonalds - Quarter Pounder with cheese with fries ;)
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from the fast food chains like McDonalds, Harveys, Wendy's... because lets face it... even their "healthy" food complete crap.... I remember one morning I went to McDoodles and bought their yogurt parfait before work.... so much for "fresh fruit".,,, the damn strawberies were frozen solid!!!

I admit sometimes we all have to give in to the odd craving... but even if it does fit into my daily calories - I find its not worth it for me- in about 20 minutes I either feel sluggish or hungry again lol.

If I eat out I try to stick with subway, or pita-pit, fresh sushi, a sandwich or wrap from timmies... or even sometimes a booster juice works well :)
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell ground beef / chicken soft tacos Fresco style..that loses the cheese and adds the pico salsa

Wendy's Spicy chicken and I lose the top bun to reduce the cals

Subway turkey or meatball on wheat