New in NY

Options
Hi y'all,

I've just joined here at the suggestion of a new friend of mine. I've been using another calorie counter for a long time, but I LOVE the depth of the database here! It's great!

I'm currently weighing in at 140 with a body fat percentage of about 30%. Ultimately I would like to hit 12% and about 110 pounds, before settling back into a more maintainable weight of 115 - 120 and about 15% BF. I am all about building muscle to replace fat burned!

I'm definitely in this for the long haul.

Robin Marie

Replies

• nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow NYer. You've definitely come to the right place. MFP is great. The folks here are supportive and inspirational. The tools are easy to use (this is probably the most complete calorie counter ever). Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your journey.
  • ejbarker
    ejbarker Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! I'm also a NYer and I love this database so far. They really do have the most in-depth food and exercise options that I've found so far. And they're also really great about noting when I haven't logged in which makes me feel guilty enough to keep going. Let me know if you want to lose together!
  • RobinMSills
    RobinMSills Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and for the info about the site! I'm liking it so far. EJ, we can totally keep in touch!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in NY as well...Western NY...
    I love this site!! It's so easy to use and I haven't had any trouble finding food in the database!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    Welcome fellow NYer! This site has definately helped me lose the weight and the suggestions for workouts and food are great!
  • JoannieJenkins
    JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there Robin! I'm originally a New Yorker transplanted to So California. I lived upstate near Albany, and still get back from time to time to visit with my daughter and three grand kids (my incentive for being here). I'm really new to MFP too, but I love it so far. Everyone is friendly and supportive, the tools are great AND I'm losing weight! Glad to have you with us.
  • RobinMSills
    Options
    I love that there are so many NY folks on here! I grew up in Columbia County, and soon I will be living in Orange. I'm so pumped to see so many people in the area!

So far the database is the best I've seen. Have y'all found that it's pretty reliable? I see that it is often edited by members of the site, which I think is really cool.

I'm interested in sharing recipes! Is there a place to do that?

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I'm interested in sharing recipes! Is there a place to do that?

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

Here's a link to the recipe section.. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14-recipes
  • JoannieJenkins
    JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah... Dwight posted a great one for a bean & rice wrap yummy!
  • RobinMSills
    Options
    Thanks Dwight! I will be over there in the coming weeks...