Advice please! Thanks

Options
I am fairly new to this program but when I started a month ago it told me to eat 1200 calories a day to loose the most weight. I was doing 1500 before that. Since than I have hardly lost anything. I exercise 60minutes 6x week jogging or elliptical. Do you think I would need to increase calorie intake to loose weight or decrease? I also use 300 extra calories on the days I exercise.
Thanks

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yup. You need to eat more. Calculate your TDEE - 20% & eat that. Slower but doable.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yup. You need to eat more. Calculate your TDEE - 20% & eat that. Slower but doable.

Agree! When we eat too few calories, weight loss will stall out especially if you are close to goal, which it looks like you are? So yes, back to square one and calculate your TDEE then subtract 10-20% and stick with that number of calories.

Search out TDEE on the forums or Google it, and there will be many referrals to websites, calculators and spreadsheets you can use.

I use the "in place of a road map" spreadsheet and group for support - in the link above.

Best!
  • dani2401
    dani2401 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! You are so right. I looked it up and it calculated 1680 so even if I take away 20% it would be 1344. I guess I was starving myself because I am active as is with chasing two kids around. I went up to 1420 a few days ago and I feel a lot better now too. Still have 10lbs to go though so lets hope this will do it. Will aim for those 1420 plus 300 extra on exercise days:)
    Thanks so much!
  • dani2401
    Options
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1554
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1781
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2007
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2234
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2461

This was my result so I should do 1781 minus 20%?? Plus 300 for exercising?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Your exercise is included in whatever the total is but since you exercise most days of the week, you might want to bump up to the next activity level up. So the 2000 level which minus 20% is1600 calories per day.
  • dani2401
    Options
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wonder how come some people lose weight at 1200 calories and others don't? I guess everyone is different. I struggle to get past 1200 most days. My glucose is high so I am on a restricted carb diet. Can only eat so many veggies and protein. Those things don't hold much calories. It's a little frustrating but atleast I am trying. I am going to be starting 30DS and I am going to need to eat my calories back. I feel like I'm constantly eating lol..