Do i eat enough calories?

Options
Im a student and im worried thay 1200 cals a day may make be deficient of a lot of things. how many calories should i eat. i an in the process of trying to loosr weight so hopefully an amount that will still allow weight loss. im 5'10 im 210lbs and with no work oit im light to moderaye activity and i work out 3-7 times a week i know thays a big gap but it ddepends on school. and i need to loose 51lbs not ocludong what ivr already losy

Replies

• rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You need to give more information than that.

How much do you weight? Height? What's your activity level? How much are trying to lose?
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but I've always heard that 1200 is generally not enough. I ate 1200 or under for months and didn't lose anything, but when I went up to 1500 I started losing a lot more.
  • diet3764
    diet3764 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yea they say the average person can burn 2000 calories doing nothing... a little more or less depending on your metabolism. I'm not very active so I eat less... I try not to go under 1500 (not good). Eating to little not only causes you to store fat but it slows your metabolism (counterproductive). So I would suggest doing at least 1500 but try a little more when your active.