hi, im 23 from massachusetts.. looking to lose some weight!

Options
My name is Kelly. Im 23, and I work as an activities aid in a nursing home and I'm a full time human services student. I'm getting married in a little over a year and I definitely need to tone down. I'm not obsese, but I am overweight. Any advice would be more than welcome!

Replies

• 16saira
    16saira Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would stick to 1200 calories diet and a 40 minute cardiovascular exercise (e.g. treadmill, elliptical). Hope that helps! I lost 8 pounds in a month, its like 2 pounds a week, with this diet and workout. Bye!
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Look at home based programs such P90X or Insanity. They work!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kelly. Here are the favorite suggestions:
    - Drink lots of water
    - Eat all your daily calories and try to eat most of the extra calories earned via exercise
    - Try to keep salty foods/drinks to a minimum (sodas, deli foods, lunch meats, movie popcorn)
    - Try to keep fat calories to 15-25% of your daily diet.
    http://www.webcalcsolutions.com/Nutrition-Calculators/Calorie-Breakdown.asp?AcctNum=3&Group=Nutrition-Calculators
    According to this website (above), it should be:
    Your daily calories should be divided up as:
    15-25% calories for fat
    15-25% calories for protien
    <25% calories toward sugar
    50-70% of your calories for carbohydrates.
    Now that I found this, I'm going to look on my goals page and see how close I am to that--I think I am pretty close.
    Again, welcome to this site. :drinker:
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    Just stay as close as you can to the amount of calories MFP tells you to eat a day. It's what's worked so far for me. Somedays I'm slightly hungry, others I have to search the kitchen for something to eat because I have calories left over..but overall it's a lot easier than "crash dieting" type things. Good luck!