Chicken Cordon Bleu with Honey Mustard, kids love it!

Options
alijaxfp
alijaxfp Posts: 19 Member
I've made this several times, I lightened it up this time, and it tasted wonderful! Kids still loved it. It came out to 8 servings at 245 calories each.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (40 oz)
8 thin slices Deli Ham, (4 oz)
8 thin slices Alpine Lace - 25% Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, (4.5 oz)
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
Butter spray

Preheat broiler.

Cut chicken breasts in half (butterfly style, but cut all the way through, for 8 separate pieces). I find that just snipping down the middle with my kitchen shears is the easiest way. Lay chicken between sheets of plastic wrap, and pound flat.

Season both sides with salt and pepper. Top each breast with one slice of ham, and one slice of cheese. Fold in half, lengthwise, and put on baking sheet, sprayed with Pam.

Broil for 7 minutes, in middle of oven. Take chicken out, and brush 1/2 of honey mustard on, then sprinkle panko over chicken, spritz with a few squirts of butter spray. Place back in oven for 2 minutes, or until browned. Flip them over, and repeat with honey mustard, crumbs and butter spray. Broil 2-3 minutes.

I hope you like it as much as we do!

This is my first recipe to post, I've gotten so many great ideas on here, and I doubt I would have even made it this far without such a vast database of recipes, thank you!

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40yr old kid i would love it too :) Chicken and Fish are my drugs of choice :P well and coffee.
  • brookrd1
    brookrd1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy thanks!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    This does sound great--thanks!
  • cst1957
    Options
    I am looking for new recipes. I am on a 1,200 hundred calorie diet. I need some new ideas for dinner that are not to high in calorie. I would like this one. Thank you so much for posting.