Non Weight Loss Related NY Resolutions - How's Yours Going?

Options
melindanew
melindanew Posts: 150 Member
Because if it was weight loss, and you're here, it's probably going really well!

I have two. I suppose they are tangentially weightloss related, but not really.

1. Bring lunch to work every single day - no buying lunch. Execption is the quarterly team lunch, which I don't pay for anyway.
2. No buying any new clothes for 2013. Exceptions for 'disposables' - so panty hose, and any underpantual needs I might have, and also for the formal dress I need for an event in September. No casual shopping, no internet shopping, no shoes, no nothing.

I have clothes, I just need to fit them (and I got into some pants this week thave haven't fit in four or five months, so go me!)

How have I done? Two months in and I'm keeping them so far. I had to go buy a can of tuna the day I forgot to put protein in my lunch bag, but I'm not counting that as it wasn't a prepared lunch. I had to buy some hose. I can see having to buy clothes in September or October if I keep to my current rate of loss, but only because what I have will be falling off me.

How's it going for you? :)

Replies

• TehGTrain
    TehGTrain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One of mine was to get a solid 8 hours of sleep each and every night. Weekends I've managed fine. Weekdays... since I need to be up by 5AM, I would need to be in bed by 9PM.... which means I really can't go out any time of the week.

Obviously, I HAVE been going out.. so.. um... yeah :|
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    Mine was to correct my slouchin problem--so far it's been going pretty well. Occasionally I have to remind myself to sit up straight.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One of mine was to get a solid 8 hours of sleep each and every night. Weekends I've managed fine. Weekdays... since I need to be up by 5AM, I would need to be in bed by 9PM.... which means I really can't go out any time of the week.

Obviously, I HAVE been going out.. so.. um... yeah :|

LOL, I hear you about sleep.

How could you make that goal more attainable?

My NY resolutions in the past "Quit smoking lose 100lbs and go back to uni!" never got done because they weren't really doable in the first place. (That one got broken into three years and it has worked out. Well almost. 2lbs to go!)

I know people will say NY resolutions are a stupid idea and everybody breaks them, but I've just been thinking about goal setting for a while and wanted to see what other people were doing as goals and how it was working out for them.
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution was to go back to university (choreographer degree) after dropping out almost 6 years ago and to dance periodically 3 times a week or more.

I started training back in october so when i would go back to school i wouldn't feel too embarassed about being out of shape (started gym + ballet classes). Went back to university this march, taking 2 theoretical subjects and 3 dance classes a week, adding another class by june.

So, weightloss goals aren't being accomplished LOL (been maintaining for now) but everything else is so i can't really complain.. so far i'm sticking to it :)