Ah Ha! H2O!!!

Options
So I've been doing this a while and I (according to a dietician I saw yesterday) am eating really well. (Here's my menu from the other day...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/dgweisblatt?date=2010-05-31. "Breakfast 1" is 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1/3 cup blueberries with a splash of low-fat milk. The salad at lunch is salad veggies and tofu.)

However, I have not lost weight lately and I'm actually gaining a bit for NO REASON! (That's why I went to see her. I mean, mathmatically speaking, I should be losing if you look at what I eat and how much I exercise...:grumble: ) She asked me how much water I drink each day and truthfully, I don't drink all 8 glasses as we're expected to drink...even though I *know* that I'm supposed to. She said that the only things she can tell me is to increase my water intake (at least 1.5 liters per day and 2.0 liters on days when I exercise), add a bit more weigh training, and get more sleep ( :laugh: LOL!).

So, to humor her, I did drink 1.5 liters yesterday and today there's a loss on the scale! AMAZING!!! :drinker: (That's me - drinking up that water today!)

So...if you're "stuck" - try drinking more!

Replies

• chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Thanks for the FYI and congrats on the weight loss!
  • georgygirl62
    Options
    Glad I read your post, will start drinking more.

• lisaosumarie
    Options
    Glad I read this as well! Thanks for the info!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    It's so hard to drink all that water. However, if the scale will go down some more, I'll do it!!! (even if it does make me feel like I'm floating :sick: :wink:
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    Yup - apparently not drinking SIGNIFICANTLY slows the metabolism! Go figure! Hope y'all don't "float" away! :wink:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would tell everyone to get a bottle that's at least 24 or 32 oz. because that's what really helped me. Mine is 26 oz. but has a little cooler tube that goes down the middle that pushes the water up so I end up drinking 24 oz. when filled all the way up. I can drink anywhere from 15 cups (120 oz) to about 21 (168 oz). 15 seems to be my minimal magic number. I was drinking 8-12 per day and was maintaining and always having water weight. It seems when I'm at LEAST at 15, I don't have much water weight and when I do get it, it comes off in a couple days...and I lose!

DEFINITELY drink your water.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Drinking more! Woo hoo! :drinker:

Oh, wait. You mean water. Oh, ok. :ohwell: