flappy arms

Options
my biggest issue would be my flappy arms and i was wondering if therez anyone else who has this problem and want to be able to go sleeveless by this summer?

Replies

• whatdeannadid
    Options
    *raises hand*
    that's one of my short term goals. i want this summer to be the one summer where i can wear sleeveless tops and not have to hide behind sweaters and sweat up a storm.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Me
  • heinebutt
    Options
    tot def dude! I think that means totally. I really need help here! Sign me up for this challenge
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I will say that my arms have a lot more definition and they don't flap nearly as much. Hopefully by summer....
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's the body part that bother's me the most. I never wear sleeveless tops or cute sundresses because of it...
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'm open to ideas too! I know I have a lot of weight to lose still and hopefully they will get better. I would love to find an easy way to get rid of my "sugar glider" arms. (Aussies out there would understand which animal I'm referring to and the image it presents) :)
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've hated my arms my entire adult life, and I'm 40! BUT: after I started strength training and doing pushups they have improved to the point of no recognition! I do pushups 4-5 days every week, 3-4 sets of at least 5 to begin with, then worked up to 12-15 which is what I do now. I've even gotten compliments on my arms, how cool is that? Only one thing to do; work them! And don't worry about "building big muscle" because that's really not what happens! It might seem like it to you, but use a tape measure and follow your progress.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have started using weights and targeting my flappy arms. I also do pushups and dips off the weight bench. I am recovering from a shoulder injury. During the months I could barely move my right arm, it became a rag arm. My left one isn't all that great either, even though it was doing the work of both arms for a few months. I have come a long way since November when I started PT. I am working on getting it stronger and buffer.
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Google flappy arms. There are several at home no equipment exercise that will tone your arms so as you loose fat you will be more defined. Keep away from any sites that " target" arm weight lose. It dosnt work that way.
  • CuddlyIrish
    CuddlyIrish Posts: 149
    Options
    Totally empathise, mine are so bad I reckon I could just fly every where myself with these wings :-). I did see in a programme before that if they are really bad, no amount of exercise or creams or whatever, it can't be fixed by anything other than surgery
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've hated my arms my entire adult life, and I'm 40! BUT: after I started strength training and doing pushups they have improved to the point of no recognition! I do pushups 4-5 days every week, 3-4 sets of at least 5 to begin with, then worked up to 12-15 which is what I do now. I've even gotten compliments on my arms, how cool is that? Only one thing to do; work them! And don't worry about "building big muscle" because that's really not what happens! It might seem like it to you, but use a tape measure and follow your progress.

This is good to know. I am 41 and have bat wing arms. At least now I know there is hope for them.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Tricep extensions.

I am fortunate that no matter how fat I get, I have never gotten "wings." I credit this one simple exercise for that. Just grab whatever weight you have available, and lift your arm above your head, then lower from the elbow until the weight is behind your head. I do three sets of ten with an eight pound weight. For some reason, I kept doing these even when I was perfectly happy being fat. I don't have the strongest arms in the world, but at least I don't have wings.

Good luck!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on my 'flappy arms' (and general all over body quishiness) by lifting heavy weights. They are definitely improving but you do need to give it time. Any fitness program that guarantees to get rid of arm jiggle within a few weeks or months is lying.

Keep at it and you'll get there.