Hi I'm new

Options
Hi there just thought I would introduce myself, my names Rachael but feel free to call me Ruu most people do anyway.... I really have no idea what to say about myself or how to start one of these so feel free to ask anything or join in on my topic...

Replies

• angellepen
    Options
    Hi Ru i'm Gee
    I'm sorta new to this too well at least to the message boards.
    What goals do you have for yourself since joining myfitnesspal?
  • Kayleigh90x
    Options
    Hi,

I only joined recently too but everyone's lovely with lots of helpful advice and words of encouragement

Kayleigh
  • rachyruu
    Options
    Hi Gee,

Well to be honest I just want to get my confidence back, I am really quite insecure and compare myself to other people too much so I decided to do something about it... I want to lose a little weight and then maintain that weight... How about yourself? what brings you here?
  • rachyruu
    Options
    Hi Kayleigh thats good to hear ^_^ I need some encouragement lol
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I will be as helpful and motivational as I can and can always use new friends on this journey!
  • angellepen
    Options
    I too am lacking confidence and I have very low self esteem. I often compare myself to other woman and then feel bad about my self because I don't have certain features they possess.
  • rachyruu
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I will be as helpful and motivational as I can and can always use new friends on this journey!

I added you ^_^

@Gee
    Why do we do it? we know we are all meant to be different so why do we beat ourselves up?
  • angellepen
    Options
    I don't know why I wish I knew so I would quit doing this to myself . I wanna be able to go out in public for once and just look at other people without even thinking anything of it. But every time I go out it's like "omg she's prettier or her boobs look perky." I just find ways to put my mood down..
  • rachyruu
    Options
    I don't know why I wish I knew so I would quit doing this to myself . I wanna be able to go out in public for once and just look at other people without even thinking anything of it. But every time I go out it's like "omg she's prettier or her boobs look perky." I just find ways to put my mood down..

Urgh... I am totally the same I put myself down every single time I go out >.< thats why now I am kind of an introvert and tend not to go out so much... but then the fridge is in the house >.< its a vicious circle
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome! This place is great. Feel free to add me...anyone. I log often and try to be supportive. Enjoy!
  • deezer602482
    deezer602482 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well, if you like :)
  • rachyruu
    Options
    I added you both, its nice to meet you all, everyone seems so nice ^_^
  • Tonya0909
    Options
    have to learn to love yourselves girls...it can be really hard ' the society has a view on whats perfect & whats not..It happens its extreamly normal woman are very competitve its nature! Find features about yourself that you love ' Because the features that you have cant compare to others! & Believe me its wish apon as well. But its ok

Tonya:heart:
  • luvmysweet2th
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah . I just joined the site and so far I like everything. Trying to loose weight and get healthy.
  • rachyruu
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah . I just joined the site and so far I like everything. Trying to loose weight and get healthy.

Hi Sarah I hope you achieve everything you want :)
  • cherylreneep
    cherylreneep Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first day! I need to lose more than 50 lbs and will appreciate all the encouragement I can get! Please feel free to add me!!
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Todd, I started using MFP over 330 days ago. I began my journey in March of 2011 I weighed at least 272 lbs. I honestly think that I was closer to 280 or 290 lbs. I was embarrassed to look at the scale. In the beginning of my transformation. I was very naive to what I was eating. I thought that it did not matter what I ate because I was working out. I will lose weight, right? Then I noticed that nothing was changing until I realized with the help of my wife of how important it was to eat the right types of foods. I don't have a diet as some say. I don't have any forbidden foods. I have taken this approach so that I can have this loss be sustainable. I just count calories. I eat approx. 2300 calories per day. My maintenance calories are between 2800-2900. I never eat my exercise calories back. My current goal is to loose body fat and get stronger overall. One thing that helped me keep focus is realizing that there are times when that # will go up slightly due to muscle gain or water weight. So my typical routine is Cross fit on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I run or spin on Tuesdays and Thursday. Sunday is my recovery day. To this day I have lost over 75 lbs and have had it off for over 330 days and I weigh 196 lbs.
  • bfox0620
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brian. Just joined here a few minutes ago. I've been trying to lose weight for years but just haven't had any consistent work out plan or diet. Diet is the worst thing though. I have no self control when it comes to eating, that combined with a picky eating issue it's just been making it hard for me to follow through with anything. Hoping to find some support on here to help me get to my goal. I want to lose 90 pounds.
  • rachyruu
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for sharing...

Anyone hate the word diet... as in "I'm going on a diet" "you dont need to diet"

In my opinion to lose weight healthy clean eating is what you need not a "diet" or a quick fix, obviously if you work out that helps as well....

Anyone into herbal teas for weight loss? I heard green tea quickens your metabolism.
  • joele54
    Options
    Greetings Ruu. You are right to say "No!" to the diet. It as got to be a lifestyle change!