HELP!!! I've fallen off and I can't seem to get up

Options
I have had a stressful 2 weeks or so and I've fallen off the wagon. My motivation is lacking and my love affair for sweets and drive-thru windows is slowly creeping back up. I'm so disappointed in myself but stress seems to always have this affect on me. Help me PLEASE help me! I need more friends that are going to be there to truly motivate me and stay pushing me when I need it

Replies

• MsMori46
    Options
    Remember why you started the journey to a healthier life. I am dealing with the same "under stress and want cupcakes" feelings but I try to remind myself that continuing to eat crap is just going to make me crappier. You can do this girl!
  • Borer_14
    Borer_14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I' had been struggling for awhile myself with motivation to get back on track. Just start back with the small things. Eat a salad instead of the drive through today, have an apple instead of a cookie. Just one at a time and remember how much better you feel when you are taking care of yourself. It works for me but it is a slower process than I would like. I would be interested in hearing how others get back into a routine after a break/coming off track.
  • atfarmer
    atfarmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You CAN DO THIS - My love affair for sweets is long and strong ! But my desire to LIVE long and strong is STRONGER ! I have found VITATOPS cures my sweet cravings. I bit of low fat peanut butter and you think you're eating a whole dern cake ! Oranges are yummy and so sweet ! I also found HUMMUS Chips - you get 30 of them for only 130 calories - throw in a Laughing Cow Low Fat cheese wedge and you think you're dining on chips and dip !

YOU CAN DO THIS !
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JordanParkerIsTheName
    Options
    just remember that theres never a set day to start back! dont wait to try again next week...start on your next meal!(: dont think of it as "i CANT eat this!" think of it as "im not going to eat this, because its my choice and i know what i need." try to slowly ease back into the healthy things and youll be on track before you know it(: you mightve slipped, but youve not fallen off completely. good luck!(:
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Affair doesn't mean commitment
    Just remember why it didn't work out in the first place
  • only1future
    only1future Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone to all of your encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • only1future
    only1future Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Affair doesn't mean commitment
    Just remember why it didn't work out in the first place

I LOVE it! When you word it that way it makes so much sense. You are speaking a language that I can understand...lol
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I've moved recently and fell off for like 2 months and gained 10 lbs! WTF! I couldn't believe it! I just started again like 5 days ago. I know you can get back too.

I was having the same problem eating out and sweets too! I just gave in every time. But I have lost 2 lbs since starting again and am excited!

YOU CAN DO THIS! just put it in your mind that no matter what, you will work out that day! Just keep pushing!
  • tarriharris5
    tarriharris5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I completely understand motivation is key I am
    Struggling with you.I just found these message
    Boards I am looking for help as well. All the post I have
    Read are great. So many of us after the same thing. I have just been
    Using the MFP for calorie counting did not realize there is a whole other world to it.
    Maybe we can help each other!!!!!
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just remember the old Weight Watchers mantra. "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels."

Write it on the fridge memo board.

Put it on a flouro coloured stick-on label in the centre of your steering-wheel for a reminder at drive-throughs. (You can always say, "I changed my mind." and drive off.) Go drink a half-litre of water slowly at a park.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step, and that is admitting you have a problem. LOL!

I know it sounds comical, but honestly, kudos for reaching out for support. I'm sure a number of us can relate to having fallen of the wagon a time or two.But pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again.

Personally, I've been down this road more times than I care to remember. And anytime I have fallen off in the past, I would stay there until I got fed up, and made a decision to start again. January 1 was my start again date, and I've been going strong since that time. This is my first time using MFP on this journey. I knew nothing about it until a co-worker of mine mentioned it to me mid-late January. Since joining MFP, I've lost 4.5 lbs, but total since Jan 1, I've lost 13.5 pounds. The way my clothes fit me are my motivation to keep going. And being on here everyday, has become almost as addictive as FB. I love seeing my news feed tell me that so and so burned X amount of calories doing such and such exercise. Or that this person, lost this much weight since their last weigh-in. I would say use MFP as much as you can. You will find loads of support and encouragement!

Happy losing!
  • vamari22
    vamari22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - I've gone through the same thing recently. It's a process and you will get through it. If it makes you feel better, right now, I'm struggling with intense sugar cravings for 1-2 hours after my daily workouts, which has been particularly tough fighting the mental/emotional side that's trying to justify why I can have some sweets since I just finished a great workout. Definitely feel free to add me.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Man, I know we all go through this! The last few days have been difficult for me and I am not sure why. Strangely, I think it is because my family's schedule isn't as hectic this week. I feel like I just want to chill out- then my eating and exercise suffers. Try breaking your day into sections (I always think about making it one meal at a time), once you're done with one part of the day, then you concentrate on the next. Pretty soon it will become habit. I pay myself one dollar for every workout, and every day that I pack my lunch and bring it to work. When I have a decent chunk, I buy myself something that I wouldn't normally buy. Currently, I want a yoga tank from lulumon. I would never even consider buying it, not even on sale. If I can figure out how to make it I will-I will buy a cute sports bra to begin. Sorry, getting off topic. ANYWAY, set small goals, write them down. Feel free to add me- I also want friends who will look at my day and encourage me. It is always nice to see comments...it helps me feel like someone actually cares.