30DayShred Start

Options
2»

Replies

• Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Phew! That's a hard workout... which I love! You'll find that once you get past Day 3, things will seem much easier than they do at first, so don't give up! :smile:
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What equipment do I need to do this? I only have a rug, a yoga mat and my husband's weights -- not cute and neoprene coated, but those you add rings to, metal and bulky (weight customizable). Do I have to order something else before I can start?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 I think.. kinda been slacking and doing other workouts but just wanted to post and say keep with it. It works!

NYCNika, just your body, yoga/or connect-a-mats and weights.
  • michellerenee22
    michellerenee22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am starting today also. Can't wait to see results!
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3 day 3, add me if you like. I've gotten to the stage where I'm combining level 1 with level 3 so 2 workouts one after the other, believe me it gets easier :)

I can't wait till I get there! I'm still at the point where I can only do her workout and no other cardio that day because of soreness! I wonder how long it will be before I can do her workout and my running on the same day?
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3 day 3, add me if you like. I've gotten to the stage where I'm combining level 1 with level 3 so 2 workouts one after the other, believe me it gets easier :)

I can't wait till I get there! I'm still at the point where I can only do her workout and no other cardio that day because of soreness! I wonder how long it will be before I can do her workout and my running on the same day?

It does hurt, level 1 killed my quads, I'd suggest doing some quad stretches a few times a day.

For level 2 it really hurt my knees and ankles so again on level 2 do knee circles which Jillian doesn't include in the warm up and maybe some ankle circles too.

Level 3 so far has taken it's toll on my shins, there is a lot of jumping and it hurts it's also a killer on the quads. As long as you are stretching often then your muscles should get used to the workout and it will become easier.

Lastly, I'd recommend a whey protein shake for after workouts, it will help repair the muscles, you don't have to do this every day but on days where you're muscles are really struggling it will help a great deal and your muscles will thank you for it!

If you're in pain, rub your muscles out with deep heat or ibuprofen to loosen them up, the next day should feel easier after doing this.

Stick with Anita if it's too difficult, I still have to do push-ups on my knees because they absolutely kill my shoulders!

It is a repetitive workout, same thing every day for 10 days until you reach the next level. This can bore people and cause them to give up, one word DON'T!!! The results from this workout are amazing, I've lost 8lbs so far, not many inches but I can see a difference in my overall tone and shape!

Hope this helps a bit, Good luck everyone!! Don't give up!! :wink:
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done. Still sore...hope it goes away in the next day or 2. Am finding it a lot easier than Day 1 though :)
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    Ok I have a huge problem. I am day 9 and I have also been walking and doing 30 mins of my Gazelle every day. I am eating healthy as well.
    Issue...I am GAINING weight AND inches! And I don't mean a pound or two. I mean I went from 169 up to 176 in 9 days! WTH??
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I hope that means you are getting a lot of muscle but I will admit that it scares me. I just started 30DS yesterday so I have only completed 2 days.
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    I hope it means muscle too. I'm giving it another week and we'll see what the scale and measurements say