What is the best compliment you have received?

Options
While sitting in church, my 9 year old son, youngest of the two, tells me the BEST compliment I have received so far. He always leans on me with his arm on my hip, my love handles, or should I call it my tire and doesn't want to go flat....

My son sat down beside me tonight and went to lean on me and his arm slid right on down. He tried again, and still the same outcome. He looks up at me and almost yells...."My goodness mom, you are losing weight!"

Tears started to swell up and still again, while I type this, my eyes are swelling up with tears again.

So, what is the best compliment for you?

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    it's not weight related, but i was told i have pretty Disney princess eyes, and that made me smile :) just the one that comes to mind first!
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That I am a good mommy. Seriously, any mom out there has moments of doubt and feels like she is F'ing everything up. It's nice to hear I'm not doing as bad of a job as I think I am sometimes! :P
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I can think of 2 really good ones. My husband told me that I inspire him to be a better person. And my daughter tells me quite often that she thinks I'm a great mom. In fact just a little while ago she said "That's why I love you so much, because you're so supportive and open and love me no matter what."

yeah, I loved hearing that I must say.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    I usually get told I have an attractive strong jaw, which actually causes me a lot of teeth issues.
  • drgummibear
    drgummibear Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OK this story is actually an inferred compliment. I was travelling from Toronto Canada to see my Mom in Kissimmee Florida. I had the first flight out so I was at the airport going through customs into the states. The customs officer who was a bit portly looks at my passport (the old me at 290lbs) and then looks at me, then looks at it again and says to me "this picture isn't you". To which I replied "Yah........it is. I just dropped 80lbs since the picture was taken a year ago (feeling a bit proud of myself and half expecting a small compliment) But he raised his eyebrows then said "please come with me sir". Now I'm thinking "Uh oh, cavity search?" Things looked bad. He takes me into the back office and politely asked me how I accomplished this feat. So I told him about MFP and a few of the things that I did. He pulls the site up on the internet in the office and thanks me very much for the info, and that I am free to go. I tell him good luck and leave the office. Now all the people that were behind me in the line are now in front of me as someone took over for him while I was explaining in the office. But no matter. He was truly interested in the website and was still looking at it when I left the office. Go figure. I got forced to divulge my weight loss plan at the border. Who would have thought. So in the long run it was a terrific compliment I guess. I didn't miss my flight or anything, so it turned into a funny story after all. Cheers everyone:drinker:

P.S. And the best part? No cavity search. Yes!:ohwell:
  • thecpommander
    Options
    There are numerous indeed, most might even be a bit inappropriate for this thread... xD

So I'll settle for the one when I was told; "If I could choose to be any other person in the world, I would choose to be you."
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    "Please do that again!"
  • scarywordlikediet
    scarywordlikediet Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OK this story is actually an inferred compliment. I was travelling from Toronto Canada to see my Mom in Kissimmee Florida. I had the first flight out so I was at the airport going through customs into the states. The customs officer who was a bit portly looks at my passport (the old me at 290lbs) and then looks at me, then looks at it again and says to me "this picture isn't you". To which I replied "Yah........it is. I just dropped 80lbs since the picture was taken a year ago (feeling a bit proud of myself and half expecting a small compliment) But he raised his eyebrows then said "please come with me sir". Now I'm thinking "Uh oh, cavity search?" Things looked bad. He takes me into the back office and politely asked me how I accomplished this feat. So I told him about MFP and a few of the things that I did. He pulls the site up on the internet in the office and thanks me very much for the info, and that I am free to go. I tell him good luck and leave the office. Now all the people that were behind me in the line are now in front of me as someone took over for him while I was explaining in the office. But no matter. He was truly interested in the website and was still looking at it when I left the office. Go figure. I got forced to divulge my weight loss plan at the border. Who would have thought. So in the long run it was a terrific compliment I guess. I didn't miss my flight or anything, so it turned into a funny story after all. Cheers everyone:drinker:

P.S. And the best part? No cavity search. Yes!:ohwell:

That is just too cute.
  • HeavierThan_Heaven
    HeavierThan_Heaven Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Best compliment I've ever received is my boyfriend told me that I make his life easier. I suffer from server depression and always feel that I am a burden on those around me, hearing that I actually improve someone's life really impacted me.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I work day shift but lately started staying late to run on the roads around work (less traffic than around the dorms), and then I take the late bus home. So I was walking down the hall and I passed the night shift Super and he said the usual "Hello Ma'am" and I replied in kind, "Good Evening Sir" and we kept going our separate ways. Then he stopped, turned around and in a very confused tone said "Sgt Cubbie_girl? Good grief, you've lost some weight!"

It was the first time anyone here has noticed I've lost weight (25 lbs since mid October) and it totally made my day.

Not weight/fitness related - my 3yo recently started telling my that I'm "the best ever" and she wants me to come home cause she needs me.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me once that I am his 'golden ticket', as in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 'golden ticket'.
  • scarywordlikediet
    Options
    Come on now. I know there is more out there...LOL
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    sadly from a boyfriend in couples therapy explaining to the guy why he just didn't want our relationship to end.

BF: she's soOOoooo beautiful
    Dr.: she's alright looking
    BF: she's soOOOooo intelligent
    Dr.: meh, she's bright
    BF: she's such a kind an warm person
    Dr.: she's not being very kind and warm to you right now.

longest succession of compliments I ever received. the end.
  • scarywordlikediet
    Options
    That was cute. Any more out there?
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A co-worker once told me "whatever IT is, you have it!" :blushing:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    "You have the most beautiful face I have ever seen"

This will do for me :laugh:
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I found out today that a guy who replaced me at a client site was told that the senior manager was disappointed that I hadn't been sent because the manager had heard that I was 'ridiculously hot'.

Now that would have been MUCH more of a compliment had he actually met me in person - or even knew what I actually looked like - but hey, a girl's gotta take what she's given sometimes...
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    A girl I was friendly with said YOU HAVE A HUUUUUGE.......just as I got all excited as she moved her arms towards my lower torso, she said SET OF FOREARMS and grabbed them for a squeeze...