For sale, left over skin...

Options
OK, I dont know if this is the right place to post this or not, but here goes. My wife and I are nearing the end of the first leg of our journey in losing weight and getting fit, 2nd leg is maintaining. I am 54, she is 51. I have about 15 lbs to go, she is at her goal weight. Here is the 'issue'. I have a LOT of left over baggage (skin), Surgery is not an option, to much risk, Im just to old to do anything that drastic. Here is my question and at the risk of sounding like I am looking for a snake oil cure. Anyone heard or tried anything to help tighten, shrink, conceal, or generally help the excess epidermis back to a manageable state, Potions? Exercises? . I was laughing at the thought of going down the highway on my motorcycle as I would probably sound like a loose tarp on a pickup truck LOL. Yeah, I know that the older you are the less shrinkage your skin has. Anyway, I know its a long shot but had to throw it out there, Thanks and Cheers! Ric, West Coast

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    hey man , congatz on your weight loss ... loose skins ability to bounce back depends on many factors such as age, genetics , eating habits , hydration etc .. i dont know how bad your loose skin is , but to get it atleast a little tighter try Vitamin E oils and/or cocoa butter daily , drink plenty of water and make sure you get in all your essential fatty acids.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mate I can only think of the Simpsons Episode where Homer gets Buff and uses Kirby Style Grips on his back and neck to pull it all around!

Would a doctor be able to help?

Good job on the weight man.
  • rawclam
    rawclam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys! HA! The Simpsons and the grips Yes! LOL I haven't talked to my Doc yet think I will on my next checkup. Vitamin E oils? like out of the caplets or is it sold over counter in liquid form?, I have heard of this for burns. Skin is loose enough I would describe it as 5 pounds of sausage in a 10 lb bag, honestly Ive never really been to bothered about anything appearance wise, till I started noticing my (insert explicative deleted here ) arm flaps. just bugs the hell out of me. On top of that I feel like a million bucks, able to go for 12 mile hikes and 30 mile bike rides without breaking a sweat...then I look at my arms. Maybe I should just look at them as a badge of achievement, or perhaps a reminder of how out of control life can get eh?
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fish oil, vitamin E all play a part in rejuvenating tighter skin. The age factor plays a bit, it will take your skin a bit longer to catch up. Make sure your loose skin is also moisturized. I love Bag Balm (main ingredient is lanolin and a sulfur, so it you have sensitivities to both avoid). Gotta moisturize every day. Sounds counter-intuitive for unwanted skin, but the more moisturized your skin is, the faster it tightens up.