low calorie snack ideas

Options
Getting sick of my go to snacks...any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Voxen
    Voxen Posts: 33
    Options
    SF jello. carrots. hardboiled eggs. popcorn. greek yogurt. The list can go on. SF jello is tough to beat. mix it with a little spenda to make a nice liquidy/chunky mixture thats fun to slurp with a straw haha.
  • christiandjoel
    christiandjoel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies, laughing cow cheese with salsa on wasa crackers, i blend a frozen banana in blender with a bit of water and a lil vanilla....it makes "ice cream"...top with melted chocolate (i do, but u dont have to), freeze bananas with peanut butter in the middle, freeze greek yogurt strips, frozen grapes, air popped popcorn with melted coconut oil and salt on top.
  • 24redwine
    Options
    Sugar snap peas, Safeway parmesean breadsticks, fuji apples with peanut butter, pickles, air popcorn, almonds, dry cereal such as Crunchy Corn Bran or Cheerios, red wine...oops...I like that one, but that may not be what you meant!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Don't know what your go-to snacks are, but I have lots of low-cal go-to snacks. Popcorn, Special K chips (1/2 serving is enough for me), sliced strawberries, or cottage cheese. Each at or under 100 calories. If you have a little more room in your calorie goal try some hummus with pita bread, bagel chips with whipped cream cheese, or pb&j on a toasted english muffin.
  • jacknblack
    Options
    Apple cheese quesadilla: 1/4 apple, 1/2 c reduced fat cheddar cheese & 1 low carb tortilla.
    Blueberry grilled cheese: 2 slices bread and margarine, Spread cream cheese, cinnamon sugar and 1/4 c blueberries inside of sandwich.
    Peanut butter banana smoothie: 1 1/4 T peanut butter, 1/2 c reduced fat milk, 1 banana.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    homemade salsa, broccomole(yummy- don't like the raw jalapeno so much though), guacamole - all with your choice of chip(measured by weight) or eat with a fork.
    Nuts(premeasure by weight-get some little bowls with lids for a quick on the go snack thing)(or use baggies, I prefer reusable)
    cottage cheese or yogurt with apple, grapes, banana, orange(if you're a citrus lover)
    Any of those fruits by themselves or apples n bananas with pb
    Any fruit
    Any vegetable that you like raw by itself or with measured ranch
    lean chicken(4oz is my snack size) with 1/2 cup of green(I usually do broccoli or spinach)
    Same for tilapia
    or tuna

Anything that you would have previously snacked on, but in a moderate, controlled portion.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are great for something refreshing that you have to eat slow. And if I am craving ice cream, I blend up a frozen banana with a tablespoon or two of vanilla greek yogurt and it's like a soft serve!
  • Bel0602
    Bel0602 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese, string cheese, apple w/ reduced fat peanut butter, special k fruit crisps, light yogurt, dried berries, hummus