Is this really me?

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I tried on this dress this morning that i'm wearing to a wedding on Friday. I took a picture with my cell phone to show me friend, e-mailed it to myself, and i'm looking at it, and I don't believe that is me. Like, that is my body. I mean I know I have lost weight, obviously can feel the difference, but I really didn't SEE IT SEE IT until right this second and I almost don't even believe it. I still have a ways to go, too.

m213941184.jpg

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Way to go! It's an awesome accomplishment! Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Pictures are a great way to measure your progress. With the P90X program that I am on we were advised to take before pics and then pics every 30 days... it is amazing to watch the transformation via pictures!

Congratulations on your transformation!!
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thank you!

But is that really me? :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I tried on this dress this morning that i'm wearing to a wedding on Friday. I took a picture with my cell phone to show me friend, e-mailed it to myself, and i'm looking at it, and I don't believe that is me. Like, that is my body. I mean I know I have lost weight, obviously can feel the difference, but I really didn't SEE IT SEE IT until right this second and I almost don't even believe it. I still have a ways to go, too.

m213941184.jpg

I love those moments! Your not alone. I have a picture taken of me and my 'pretty skinny' girl friend at work. We were both wearing long sleeve pink sweaters and black slacks. When I looked at the shot on my Iphone I burst into tears!

Was embarrassing because I was at work, and no one knew what the heck was wrong with me!!! :laugh:

We looked so similar in size..............For the very first time in 20 years I felt pretty again!

Congrats on your success:drinker:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    LOOKING GOOD! :bigsmile:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Weellllllll, if it isn't, I would definately keep that body double!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    CONGRTS. YOU LOOK GREAT
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT keep up the GOOD work!!!! :smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Pictures really do tell the whole story. Lately, I actually like looking at pictures of myself. For years, I would cringe every time I saw one. My face looked so bloated and old. :(.

You have done a great job and should be so incredibly proud of yourself.
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    That is amazing!! You look fantastic! I know it feels good, I caught a glimpse of myself the other day in the mirror and was like "wow thats me!" . :flowerforyou:
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up and YES IT IS YOU!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look great! It always feels good to "fit" into smaller clothes, even if you're still not at your goal! Keep it up!
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fantastic feeling!
  • DocNorton
    DocNorton Posts: 43
    Options
    Well done you :)

And yes it is you - do it again in another few weeks just to keep reminding yourself - it's a great motivator :)
  • stacy_rihel
    Options
    LOL!! I agree!! Looking good!!
  • stacy_rihel
    Options
    Thank you!

Weellllllll, if it isn't, I would definately keep that body double!

LOL!! I agree!! Looking good!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    so happy you got to see your true self....
    good job with your journey....keep up the good work...
    denise
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Pictures are a great way to see our progress - and you are progressing nicely in the right direction - you LOOK GREAT!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!