the elusive 'magic' water bottle

Options
Rhonnie
Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
I have somehow managed to convince myself that if I could just find that water bottle that was cool enough I'd be able to drink all the water I'm suppose too. :drinker:

(for those of you struggling to drink your daily water... so far this method has not worked. :) I did finally resort to setting an alarm on my phone to go off every 20 minutes to remind me to take a drink. It actually did work pretty good!)

Raise your glasses!

Replies

• Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    Options
    I keep a 1.5L bottle of water on my desk right next to my computer screen, and tell myself I have to finish it before lunch. When I'm about to eat my lunch I refill the bottle and make myself finish it before I leave work. It really works for me during the week, but then I struggle to drink enough at the weekends!! I need something to help me on those days!! I find though that the more I drink the thirstier I get, so on week days where I do drink 3 litres of water at work, I also drink loads in the evenings! I wonder if this makes up for the lack of drinking on Saturdays and Sundays..........
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    for me it wasn't one that was cool enough, it was one that was large enough. I found a 32 oz cup hidden in the cupboard, and use that for my water. as long as I know I need to drink 2 of them a day I'm fine. actually I'm filling it 4 times.. having the larger cup somehow made it super easy to drink the right amount of water for me.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm the same!

I went to smiggle and got a really cute kid's one that holds 500ml. It's funny, a lot of the people I work/deal with have commented on how cute it is, and it actually encourages me to drink more water! I generally fill it at least three times a day - when I arrive in the morning, at morning tea, and again after lunch. I also drink two cups of green or peppermint tea in the middle of the day which I include in my water intake, and another two cups of black tea later in the evening after I get home.

The waterbottle has really helped with my coke-zero addiction also :laugh: but I am still a bit naughty!
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    Just drinklk a Ton of water for 1 week & when the weight starts going down it will be much easier!! You will want to drink it!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Just drinklk a Ton of water for 1 week & when the weight starts going down it will be much easier!! You will want to drink it!

not to side-track, but once you start drinking a ton of water, does it take about a week for it to rehydrate the body? I can still feel some swelling in my fingers from sodium..and it's taking forever to leave. lol
  • misc02u
    Options

not to side-track, but once you start drinking a ton of water, does it take about a week for it to rehydrate the body? I can still feel some swelling in my fingers from sodium..and it's taking forever to leave. lol
  • misc02u
    Options

If your not going to the bathroom every hour-hour & half then drink more. I was drinking 8-10 8oz a day & just increased my intake to about 20/8oz a day & my weight loss has increased greatly. it should not take more than 1 day. You may want to keep track of your sodium intake as well.
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's so difficult to get 64 oz. of water in daily. Lately I've taken to playing games with myself in order to be sure I drink enough. I'm not up to my 8 glasses a day yet, but I'm getting close. My new favorite game is not to let myself off the treadmill until I drink the big bottle I bring with me. I figure it's a win win for me. If i finish quick, well at least I've gotten a lot of water in. If I take forever to finish it, then it's more time I've spent on the treadmil. :-)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    for me it wasn't one that was cool enough, it was one that was large enough. I found a 32 oz cup hidden in the cupboard, and use that for my water. as long as I know I need to drink 2 of them a day I'm fine. actually I'm filling it 4 times.. having the larger cup somehow made it super easy to drink the right amount of water for me.

Same here... not sure if my bottle is 24 or 32 oz (or somewhere in between), I got it from the dollar store. :bigsmile:

I found that if there was water sitting here on my desk next to me I will drink it out of habit, plus I was always "too busy" or would forget to go fill up my smaller bottle.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading these posts, there is an ad for water bottles on the right side of the screen. :laugh: