New and looking for pals

JennBennett410
JennBennett410 Posts: 229
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi!
My name is Jenn and I am a 35 year old mom of 2 boys. I am looking for some weight loss/ fitness friends to help motivate me to stay focused and lose the weight. My goal is 25 pounds by August 2.
I am doing the wii fit and using this site. I also belong to planet fitness but i don't remember the last time I went. I love my wii fit though and I have been doing the biggest loser.
I am also a teacher, I teach 3rd grade.

Replies

• mom4nursing
    mom4nursing Posts: 28 Member
    Welcome!! I'm looking to lose another 20 by August so we can motivate each other.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Welcome to MFP Jenn, and well wishes to you on your journey!
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    welcome. We can motivate each other
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome Jenn! I'm fairly new too and have found this site to be extremely helpful. It's so easy to track my calories and get a good picture of what I need less or more of! :-)
  • Thanks everyone! I just wish I could have another cup of coffee, working out early in the morning is great, but 4:30 is just way too early!
    Any suggestions? I feel like I am going to pass out!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Welcome!!! You can add me as a friend too!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Welcome! This site is a great tool with good advice from many sources. I hope you find the support you need. As for a good after work out drink I swear by chocolate milk.
  • Can you guys tell me how to add friends? Sorry I am not tech savy!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi. I am just starting out as well. If you want to add me as a friend, go ahead.
    (to add friends, click on the person's username and there will be a green button to "add as friend")
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    WELCOME...YOU CAN ADD ME!
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm in! It helps sooo much to have a big group motivating you :)
  • ckibert1
    ckibert1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. I just started my membership today and can already tell I'm going to love it. I have never had a problem with exercise, in fact, I love it. I just can't seem to count my calories very well. I am not grossly overweight, as a matter of fact my numbers are usually skewed in calorie calculators bc I am 5 foot 7, weigh 175 pounds, but I wear a comfortable size ten. I've been told its because I'm muscular. Either way it makes it hard for me to set goals. I am here to create a healthier lifestyle and lose two sizes. I don't know how many pounds that will be for me so I thought sizes might be a better goal. I'm looking for some people who have similar goals and are willing to share ideas, recipes, and success tips. As for a short introduction into my personal life, I am 22, just graduated college with a degree in occupational therapy, and my one year anniversary is coming up in three days. My husband and I work out together when possible (not usually possible with out schedules), and we are trying to eat healthier. We have no kids but hope to in a few years. I want to get my weight under control before we begin that journey.
  • ckibert1
    Under the community tab at the top of your screen. After you click it there will be four options open in the blue bar underneath the tabs One says invite friends. Just click it and start inviting!
  • ckibert1
    I felt the same way. I tried working out before work but It made me feel like I was dragging the rest of the day. My solution is to workout during my lunch break (also a good way to avoid going out for lunch). Then I do my tougher exercises on saturday/sunday.
This discussion has been closed.