Isopure Protein

Options
Anyone use it every day? I normally use cytosport chocolate (the 6lb, $50 bag from Costco), which has 27g protein for 150 calories, a good BCAA profile, and 4g carbs. My only problem with it is that I get stomach pain if I drink it more than 3 days a week (probably because its only 80% whey isolate). I'm looking into Isopure low carb, which is 50g protein for 210 calories, and 100% whey isolate. Its more money (~$100 for 7.5 lbs), but I don't mind the price increase if I can use it daily. Anyone have any experience with it? The search function was less than helpful.

Replies

• chapriz76
    Options
    I had gastric surgery about 6 wks ago. I take Isopure Zero Carb every day because of the high protein. I have never experienced any problems or stomach issues.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I drink the Alpine Punch every day :drinker: with lots of ice !! Very tasty :love:
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OH and I've never had any problems with it ... it tastes great, very refreshing, and light. The calories are easy, the protein is fantastic, and the other nutrition benefits are wonderful as well !! I love it, the "cost" is worth it... I say you get what you pay for.
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    The mango tastes hideous. As far as grams of protein per serving goes, its roughly double the serving size of the costco protein so its hardly a deal. The plus: postworkout its amazing. Digests much faster than concentrate. The wop: the majority of the antioxidant microfractions have all been destroyed in isolate. So, aside from the convenience of a pure protein, your getting negligible health bennys. 100$ is ridic. Check out SAN Metaforce if you dont mind a blend with SPI 80. The vanilla was aight'. Also, Dymatize gourmet protein is sooooooo bomb its a problem! Intek protein evolution cookies and cream is perverted decadence and really affordable if you live near a nutrition4less. BSN Syntha 6, any flavor, is the best tasting protein of all time. Trutein Cinnabun is a close second. Im not sure whyre your GI is messed up as theres next to no lactose in the cytosport. Getrippednutrition.com, muscleandstrength.com, and tigerfitness.com all have hot prices. If you hit up tiger get the MTS Whey...all the microfractions are intact and the dude feeds it to his kids! Get on it!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    The mango tastes hideous. As far as grams of protein per serving goes, its roughly double the serving size of the costco protein so its hardly a deal. The plus: postworkout its amazing. Digests much faster than concentrate. The wop: the majority of the antioxidant microfractions have all been destroyed in isolate. So, aside from the convenience of a pure protein, your getting negligible health bennys. 100$ is ridic. Check out SAN Metaforce if you dont mind a blend with SPI 80. The vanilla was aight'. Also, Dymatize gourmet protein is sooooooo bomb its a problem! Intek protein evolution cookies and cream is perverted decadence and really affordable if you live near a nutrition4less. BSN Syntha 6, any flavor, is the best tasting protein of all time. Trutein Cinnabun is a close second. Im not sure whyre your GI is messed up as theres next to no lactose in the cytosport. Getrippednutrition.com, muscleandstrength.com, and tigerfitness.com all have hot prices. If you hit up tiger get the MTS Whey...all the microfractions are intact and the dude feeds it to his kids! Get on it!

Ah, double the serving size, there had to be a catch. Thanks, I'll check out the suggestions. No clue as to why I get stomach pains, I have absolutely no lactose problems, but it has to be something in the mix.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Never tried the isopure. I always get the NOW brand pure isolate from Amazon. $60 for 5 lbs. No issues for me.
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    there was actually a study done on one of the forums i used to go to where a science student took samples of multiple protein powders and actually tested them for consistency with the label amount of protein. I remember isopure and ON gold standard coming out at the top of the list with around 90% of actual claimed protein on the label. The next highest up was around 80%.

there's a reason it costs more, and now you know why lol. Remember the supplement industry can get away with a lot more than other food industries when it comes to the FDA.

oh and I myself have used isopure for ages, wouldn't change it for anything else. Dutch chocolate and mango flavors are delish

Edit: i found the test results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

very interesting read.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    there was actually a study done on one of the forums i used to go to where a science student took samples of multiple protein powders and actually tested them for consistency with the label amount of protein. I remember isopure and ON gold standard coming out at the top of the list with around 90% of actual claimed protein on the label. The next highest up was around 80%.

there's a reason it costs more, and now you know why lol. Remember the supplement industry can get away with a lot more than other food industries when it comes to the FDA.

oh and I myself have used isopure for ages, wouldn't change it for anything else. Dutch chocolate and mango flavors are delish

Edit: i found the test results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

very interesting read.

Sometimes certain brands cost more because they need to extra revenue for all of the events that they sponsor, not necessarily because of better quality. Met-Rx comes to mind.