Anyone Else Addicted to Work Out Gear?

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
My lovely bride, Rackie515 here on MFP, and myself must have purchased 1000 dollars worth of workout clothing over the past 2 months in ****'s.

I have bought all Under Armor clothes. Socks, shorts, shirts, compression underwear, new sneakers, everything.

I feel like a walking advertisement for UA. LMAO

Wifey has bought even more. LOL. She doesn't care what brand she buys, as long as she likes the colors, she buys it.

Anyone else addicted to workout clothing?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    Options
    No one???
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I live in workout clothing! My wardrobe is more workout/dry fit shirts, shorts and sweats than anything else. UnderAmour, Nike, Reebok, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    $130 pair of Saucony's and sports bras cost about $60 in my size. I'd run out of money before I ran out of options.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have so much Nike and Under Armour...a friend thought I was sponsored by UA. lol...
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Wifey and I recently bought entirely new wardobes. The work out gear was the only thing left. I have become a shopaholic. I actually enjoy going shopping now. Lord knows, my wallet is taking a beating, but we are having a blast.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    No one???

LOL, you expected replies within twelve minutes of your original post? Patience, Padewan.

I love workout gear.

My trail running shoes and my cycling shoes have a coveted spot on a glass shelf in my room. My workout clothing has a place of honor in my closet. No folding or drawers for them; hangers only. And no wire hangers. Uh-uh.

And for my first BIG goal accomplishment, my motorcycle boots have a place of honor.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I wonder how many people will get the WIRE HANGER comment? LOL
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Old Navy's active line!
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! My workout clothes generally consist of an old t-shirt and rolled up sweatpants. I love to see all the fashionable gear at the gym despite often feeling like a schlub in comparison.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have become a little lululemon, bench, UA snob...
    Becuase I am close to my goal I am only now just getting a wardrobe, but I love their stuff.
    Yes it costs more but it is WAY better quality and fits nicer.

Tonight I finally splurged on a real pair of runners from the 'running room' and I really want a new gym bag, but I can't seem to find the perfect one for me.

But no, I get it!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Wifey and I recently bought entirely new wardobes. The work out gear was the only thing left. I have become a shopaholic. I actually enjoy going shopping now. Lord knows, my wallet is taking a beating, but we are having a blast.

It is much more fun becuase generally most things you put on actually look good :)

Also, who has wire hangers anymore, come on now!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I have my Nike dry fit and reebok compression stuff... That being said I have the following

2 puma compression tank tops
    1 Nike dry fit tank
    3 compression shorts (of the short short variety)
    And two pairs of shoes

Pretty much enough to wear during my workouts without having to do laundry all day
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hahaha ...i wont say i'm addicted but i'm definitely on my way.
    I actually managed to find a couple sweet items at an awesome gently used store called Talize this past weekend. 1 workout tank and 2 sport jacket type thingys ...none of which appear to have been sweat in lol. $22 for all 3 lol
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Wow! My workout clothes generally consist of an old t-shirt and rolled up sweatpants. I love to see all the fashionable gear at the gym despite often feeling like a schlub in comparison.

I was basically the same way. Whatever shorts and t shirt were on top in the draw, got worn. But since I hit my goal, I have been shopping more. And the sorriest thing I could have done for my wallet, was walk into ****'s Sporting goods. LOL
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i LOVE getting work out clothes!! i love getting new work out pants like the stretchy spandex kind.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Here is how crazed I have become.

1. I actually do my own laundry after 22 years of marriage, because I don't want ANY of my clothes getting F'd up.

2. Wifey and I were in D!ck's and I was looking for compression shorts. I wanted these certain compression shorts in funky colors. 30 bucks per pair. I wanted one pair of every color. 6-7 pair. The store only had 2 pair my size. I didn't buy them. Wifey wondered why. I told her I wanted all the same style in different colors. So, she says, what are you gonna do. I said, I am going home to order them online. I walked in the door, jumped online and ordered 7 pair of compression shorts at 30 bucks a pair. Years ago, I would't have spent 30 bucks on a suit. Today I spent 30 bucks for a pair of underwear.

LMAO. I think I turned into some sort of shopping fool.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    i LOVE getting work out clothes!! i love getting new work out pants like the stretchy spandex kind.

I LOVE when I am in the gym and the girls are in the stretchy spandex kind. LOL
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Yes and every purchase it easily justified... "I really need it."

Multiple running shoes
    Sports bras in all colors
    Tank tops
    Long sleeves
    Shorts
    Pants
    Light sweaters
    Socks
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I love my lulu! Doesn't help that I walk by one every day at work, always seeing the new colors. I would live in the stuff if I could, but sadly have to dress like a real grown-up at work :(
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!