losing the dreaded office 15

Options
Like many of you, I sit at a desk for the majority of the day. So, in an attempt to lose the lbs, I've started to incorporate little bursts of exercise during the day.

Any suggestions on desk/office exercises that have worked well for some of you out there?

Replies

• silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On your breaks try walking with a friend from work a fews or try running up and down the steps
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Get up as much as you can, just to walk around a bit and drink water to stay hydrated. Eat regular planned snacks so that you aren't tempted to graze :)
  • nattycalder
    Options
    Has anyone tried the under the desk bikes? I saw on Amazon that they are pretty inexpensive, I'm just not sure that it's a good buy.
  • merrymaker71
    Options
    I have one of the little bikes under my desk and I love it. It only take a minute or two and your heartrate is up a tad.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Get up as often as you can. Walk the long way to the copier, bathroom, printer, lounge, etc. A friend of mine stopped using a chair at her desk and instead used an exercise ball to sit on. She has great ab muscles now!

For those under the desk bikes... I'm not sure how good they would be. They probably won't give you a great calorie burn and definately shouldn't be used as your sole exercise but any extra movement throughout the day has it's benefits.