Hello, looking for friends and inspiration

Options
Hello, I am looking for some friends to help motivate and provide inspiration. I usually do great the first few days of the week, but tend to fall apart by Friday and the weekends are brutal. Does anyone have any tricks for staying on track when you are home on the weekend and going to cookouts and there is just a lot of food around? Would love to find some friends having similar struggles.

Replies

• jasminewebb68
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jasmine and I'm new to this site. I need someone who will help keep me motivated so I will not fallbelow the bar. I want to have a beachbody before the year is over with.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have a lot of the same struggles. The only thing that seems to work for me is to keep a glass of water in my hands so I don't keep eating. I'm always open for a friend add.
  • dlburgess
    dlburgess Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I know what you are going through I to have alot of cookouts and partys on the weekends. I make sure I get on the scale every morning and if my weight has changed more than 2 lbs I make sure I really watch what I am eating. I drink alot of water and excersice a little more.
    Good Luck
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The weekends kill me too. We are just big eaters at my house and love to cook and grill out. We are also fast food junkies so we are trying to break that habit.

Amanda
  • brideybeth
    Options
    Hi, I have found that planning is the key! If you know you're going to a cookout, eat sensible until the cookout. Also, I have a droid "smart phone" that has an app on it called calorie counter so I can look up the foods and see which one would be a smart choice. As far as the do well until the weekend. I was the same, except mine was do well all day, until I got home from work. I try to find something else to do besides watch tv. It seems like if I watch t.v. I think every commercial is an excuse to get up and look for something to eat. Also, as you record Everything you put in your mouth, you start to think, "do I really want that?" and "Am I really hungry?" Or am I eating because it tastes good or I'm bored?

Apparently I must talk to myself a lot, lol! Any way good luck!
  • wisdom71
    wisdom71 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there...i just sent you a friend request. I'm new to this, but willing to pass on any tips in my bag of tricks, and hoping you'll do the same. :)
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi Jasmine I am INgrid, and I feel the same way you do. I just joined and I love this site and I am so determined to lose by the end of the year 40 lbs! We can motivate each other I'll add you as a friend.
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.. weekends are tough...especially in the summer. I try to stick to a similar eating routine for saturday, but sundays seem to turn into a free for all. :-) oh well... baby steps.
  • carric234
    carric234 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI.
    I am new to fitness pal. I am hoping to lose this weight but its hard to stay motivated sometimes. It's my 3 day working out and I pulled a thigh muscle 10 minutes into the workout this morning. Everything was so much easier in my 20's now that I am in my 30's everything seems to hurt a little bit more and wow where did all these muscle that are hurting come from?
  • AidensMom1125
    Options
    I have the same problem.My fiance eats really badly so when we are together all weekend I seem to lose my willpower
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi there! feel free to add me as a friend! Weekends are definitely my down fall as well! :) good luck!
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!
  • hendic
    hendic Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone! im new here please ad me so we can support each other!
  • hendic
    hendic Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone! im new here please ad me so we can support each other!
  • erinmusgrove
    Options
    welcome!! Im new to this too, so feel free to add me and we can give each other tips and help
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm so there with you. I am hitting the reset button and restarting today. Add me as a friend if you would like. Maybe we can keep each other motivated and encouraged on this journey!
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello! Weekends are definitely a challenge for me as well. If anything, I've learned to enjoy myself, but not go too overboard. If I know that I'm going to indulge a bit for a party or some social activity, I make up for it in exercise. Seriously, that is just one of the benefits of exercise -it allows you more wiggle room for your calorie limit. Other than that, you know it's all about making the better food choices and portion control. I understand how hard it is at a barbecue -maybe you can just tell yourself that you'll only make one plate/trip to the food table and not hover around it. I know, easier said than done. I think it's really about 'mindful' eating. Enjoy yourself, but if you take it 'too far' just promise yourself you'll make up for it later. If you'd like, you can add me as friend. Good luck!