Deltoid pain during chest workouts.

Options
Recently in my last chest workout, I've started having pain in the bottom part of my right deltoid during almost any type of chest press from flat bench to incline dumbbell and even machine presses. What gives? My buddy also said it might be the mobility and stability of it. I don't understand!

Replies

• Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You probably tweaked the nerve/muscle.

Stretch it out and lay off of it for a few days. If the pain persists then visit a doctor.

Maintain proper form!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Make sure your bench form is correct. Many people do it poorly. Throw in some shoulder mobility work too.
  • NitroAE23
    Options
    yes I agree with Anayalata, and always make sure you are warming up. Also you might want to go with lighter LBS
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Look on YouTube for YWTL and start doing them, and it's a a good idea to scale back your work on anything that hurts your shoulder for a little while
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Dont play around when it comes to your shoulders , they am extremelly complex joint ... make sure u warm up properly including rotator cuff exercises prior to chest and delt workouts . trust me i know all about shoulder injuries and im still suffering a year post operation