Memorial weekend gripe!

Options
Did anyone else fall off the wagon on Memorial Day weekend? I did, and the scale showed it this morning, my weekly weigh-in day! I'm so bummed that I'm not going to update my "progress" info until next week's weigh-in! Dern it all...thanks for letting me gripe!

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I think most of us splurge this weekend. But I saw a great quote on someone else's post the other day: "If you step in a mud puddle, don't sit in it." So let's forget about last weekend and push through the next one! :drinker:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I did in a bad way. I had a potluck with friends and I was trying to be good and brought some rotisserie chicken I had made and corn on the cob. But, when I got there... There were ribs... and cheese fries... and baked beans... and queso... and cookies...
    Haha
    I'm still working off the bloat from all the grease and sodium!
    But... It was totally worth it. Everything was so good! haha
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    There is always going to be a family get together, or some event where we eat like our old selves even though we know better.

As long as the trend line is downward it will be OK.
  • brideybeth
    Options
    I did too! I'm not going to know the official damage until tomorrow's weigh in. I knew I was splurging, but i think you have to every once in a while to stay on track. I think we would feel deprived and completely go off the deep end if not. I have had a loss for the last 6 weeks, if I can stay the same and not gain, that was I agreed with myself. If I gain, then I know next time not so much splurging...lol...today is a new day!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Not only did I fall off the wagon, I didn't even care that it felt me sitting in the middle of the road! My week-end started with home-made pizza, then the next day was (all homemade) smoked bbq ribs, bbq baked beans, cole slaw, buttermilk corn bread, fruit salad, mac n cheese, and a really good moscato cake.
    But this is a new week and time to get back on track!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    It was a rough weekend for me emotionally... I have lost several buddies. But i did well on my eating. I was just sad.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    KnightofGod, So sorry about your losses! This definitely puts a little diet snafu into perspective. Thanks for your response!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Gained 7 lbs over the Holiday. Great BBQ. Great Desserts. Great Big Gain Monday Morning!!!

Back at it hard though. Hope this doesn't set me back too far.
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    Sometimes I think its best to leave a weighin a week and up the exercise! Sorry for your losses KnightofGod.