Water, h2o..

Options
Ok just curious is too much water good for you or not,any comments cos i drink 4ltrs a day

Replies

• Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I dont think you can drink to much water to be honest, I think the more you drink, the better you are, It flushes out your system.

As long as your not using it to fill youself up so your not eating as much, then I think 4LTRS is suffient.
    I drink on average 4 x 500ml cups full
  • ndnyl
    ndnyl Posts: 96
    Options
    Yeah i just drink so much water,and atil follow my eatn plan,think part of it is working in a hot invroment aswell i love water nothing can beat it ai...
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i drink like 5 litres . im honestly addicted
  • Kimberleebennett
    Kimberleebennett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've heard too much water can be bad for you, I can't remember how much was too much though, i think it's more like drinking too much at once rather than too much in a day like if you drank a couple of litres in an hour it might be too much for your kidney's to handle.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 to 6 litres a day, sometimes more (depending on the amount of exercise I do & the ambient temperature etc.)
  • ndnyl
    ndnyl Posts: 96
    Options
    I've heard too much water can be bad for you, I can't remember how much was too much though, i think it's more like drinking too much at once rather than too much in a day like if you drank a couple of litres in an hour it might be too much for your kidney's to handle.

Yup that true,but i dink my water over a 11hr work shift so i should be fine haha,wow 6ltrs thort i was bad haha top effort
  • elephant_in_the_room
    Options
    http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2012/12/13/3653639.htm#.US9DK2thiSM

Water intoxication is possible but extremely rare. It means your body's sodium level drops too low and your kidneys can't cope.
    Very unlikely to get that from drinking 4l a day, even though most of us only drink 2.
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can drink 4 -5 litres a day.. I dont think it's bad for you unless its guzzled down in a really short space of time - then it can cause issues.
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

In extreme cases you can drown your self. You would have to be drinking a crazy amount at once though. I think over all there isn't really a limit.
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Working in a hot enviroment you def want to stay hydrated