Fish Recipes for dinner tonight

Options
Please share, I'm having fish but don't know what to do with it

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    I usually bake my fish in the oven with nothing but a little salt, pepper, and maybe some herbs. I either make a big veggie salad to go with it or I saute a bunch of veggies with spices and a little salt to go on top.
  • muffqueen
    muffqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fresh lemon juice on baked or grilled fish really brings out the flavor. I put lemon juice over grilled salman-delicious!
  • Licia325
    Licia325 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and it was fantastic! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mustard_crusted_salmon.html
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    What kind of fish??

It really depends on the type of fish. Is it a whole fish? or fillets, or chunks? Is it flaky or firm fleshed?

Firm fish fillets (Like cod, hake and monkfish) work well in fish stews and curries as the flesh is more robust and can take heavier sauces and cooking.

Fillets like salmon, haddock, cod etc work wonderfully oven backed with a crust (try breadcrumbs mixed with herbs and lemonjuice or black olive tapendade or pesto or curry paste or a nut crust).

More expensive fillets like tuna or swordfish need only very light cooking (sear for a minute or so eaither side) and use a light sauce like white wine and tarragon or a good quality citrus vinaigrette.

Whole fish like trout, mackerel, bass etc are best stuffed with fresh herbs, garlic, lemons and baked in foil. Feel free to add other flavours like whole fresh chilli peppers, black olives etc...
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It depends on the fish. I like a "meatier" fish like salmon. Last night, I marinated it in teriaki and threw it on the grill. Plain, simple and oh so good!!!
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    I like it in a Thai curry with light coconut milk and Thai green curry paste xx
  • leisuregranny
    leisuregranny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to pan sear fish filets in a hot cast iron skillet with a little organic coconut oil (it can handle high heat). Cook on each side until the edges crisp, then flip. Here in south Louisiana we call it blackened. LOL Yummy!
  • Chas_Rankin
    Options
    I like to pan sear fish filets in a hot cast iron skillet with a little organic coconut oil (it can handle high heat). Cook on each side until the edges crisp, then flip. Here in south Louisiana we call it blackened. LOL Yummy!

That's sonds delish. I like my Baked Stuffed Flounder. I usually start out with frozen fillets and prep per pkg instructions. I brush on small amount of garlic/olive oil/butter/lemon/herbs/hot sauce that I mix before hand. Then I whip up a batch of "Stove Top Stuffing" (or simular) and portion out a HALF a serving, then stir in half a cup of cooked chopped broccoli to the stuffing. I simply plop my "lite" stuffing mix on top of the fish and side with a nice salad or bowl of vegetabe soup. Garnish w/ a lemon wedge.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    lemon is always good on baked tilapia with smart balance butter and chopped garlic cloves sea salt/pepper
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

In future, you may wish to indicate what type of fish you are having. There are thousands of different species of fish and the vast majority of them have distinctive flavours. A recipe for tuna may not be appropriate for atlantic salmon, dory or sword fish.
    Whatever you have and however you prepare it - I hope you have a great meal.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like it in a Thai curry with light coconut milk and Thai green curry paste xx

I love this too, had it last night for dinner and having the leftovers for lunch today. So easy, super yummy!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Cook it.

Ask a vague question...
  • kitscatpaws
    Options
    We had a delicious dinner last night with smoked trout ribbons

I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushroom, feta. carrots, mixed bell peppers, blueberries, raspberries and cranberries

I served it with pumkin seed bread

It all looked awesome and tasted superb
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mic1mam
    Options
    bump
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat Atlantic salmon. There are no fisheries left and it is all farmed fish. Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish.
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i had grilled salmon with veggies fro dinner last night, it was yummy..

just marinate salmon with lemon, minced garlic, salt and black pepper.
    Apply olive oil then grill it in oven .. totally yummy and healthy as well :D
  • scottf007
    Options
    Honey Crusted Salmon
    I prefer this on Salmon but it will work with any fish.
    Wash in cold water. Peal the skin from the salmon and cold rinse it again.
    Depending on how spicy you want it either a little or a lot of Chili powder.
    Sprinkle it with Chili powder, little salt and pepper, paprika, and Oregano.
    Wrap a tray with foil and put a small dollop of honey down for each piece of fish.
    Set the fish on the honey and put a little more on top. Small zig zag works.
    Broil fish flipping once. Right after flipping drizzle a little ziz zag honey on the fish again.
    Let cook about 5 minutes on each side. Should see the honey glaze the fish and the edges get a little crisp from the honey.