Wii Fit weight

Options
Has anyone noticed a difference in their weight on the wii fit and on a regular scale. I have and the wii fit says i'm lighter... just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    every scale i go on is a bit different...the one at work says 136.5 and the wii says 134.5
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Mine is roughly the same.
  • mwoolfenden
    Options
    ive noticed that it only gives me an accurate weight if it is on a hard flat surface. when its on a carpet it tells me im 5-10 lb lighter.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm talking about a difference of like 10 pounds... hum.... and its specifically the drs scale that is the most different.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    ive noticed that it only gives me an accurate weight if it is on a hard flat surface. when its on a carpet it tells me im 5-10 lb lighter.

I will try that! thanks!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    I tried it on a hard flat surface and it did go up a few pound. Thanks for the info!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing yourself on the Wii on carpet (and your regular scale is on a hard floor), that's why. Try it with your regular scale & see what happens. The carpet absorbs some of the weight, so the reading is lower.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Oh no.. Ive been weighing myself on my wii fit on the carpet.. so that means my numbers are actually higher :(
    Dont want to weigh in next week and see the "real" number
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    My weight on the Wii is actually higher- so who knows? I trust my regular and the dr's scale over it though...
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh no.. Ive been weighing myself on my wii fit on the carpet.. so that means my numbers are actually higher :(
    Dont want to weigh in next week and see the "real" number

The "real" number is arbitrary. Who cares what it is. You are looking for progress regardless of how you weigh yourself. If you normally weigh on the Wii on a carpet keep doing so. As long as the trend keeps showing the numbers going down, you're good.

I do weigh myself on the Wii, on a big area rug, daily. I have a digital scale on the wood floor in the same room and compair the two occationally. The scale is about .4 lbs higher.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I got weighed at the Doctor's office and my Wii was weighing heavier (albeit very slightly) than at the Dr.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I don't think it should matter.....go by what ever is more convenient for you to weigh yourself on.....it is all relative..
    i started at 149 on the wii and am down to 134.5
    i started at 151 at work and am down to 136.5
    no matter how you look at it, i am down 14.5....just stick with the scale you start with and you can keep tracking:)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My Wii scale & regular scale are really close. I also just bought a new scale - weight watchers which is an update from my weight watchers scale that is many years old... and the weight difference between the two scales is only off by a few ounces. Funny thing is, I weighed less at the doctor. BTW... my Wii board is on carpet.