Only 0.2lb a week?

Options
Hello! I am 5'4 123.4 lb and i am only losing 0.2lb a week every week! I am strength training and doing cardio most days and my goal weight is 115lb as that was what i was before my daughter. Do you think 0.2lb a week is a realistic weight loss seeing as i don't have much to lose or could i be doing better?

Any advice please?

Replies

• fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You could be toning up and losing fat but gaining muscle. The last few pounds do seem like hard slog but it is coming off!
    Maybe try to see the numbers on the scales once a week as incidental to your progress. Perhaps weigh once a fortnight or even once a month.
    Well done on what you have achieved tho!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2 and my first goal is 130lbs, so at 5ft 4 and already 123, you are already in your healthy weight range and this makes it much harder to lose the weight.

0.2lb loss per week is very reasonable.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Have you been using a measuring tape/taking photos to track you progress. Do you think you are losing inches? That is more important than scales. They can lie due to water weight etc..
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Happened to me week before TOM so water retention , but its still disheartening, so two weeks of the month Im not going to weigh myself, Im also juicing a lot amongst clean eating so there is little bulky stuff going through my digestive system, which makes me look a lot slimmer in the torso!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Losing 0.2 lbs a week at your weight and height is perfectly resonable.

Aiming to get to your pre-pregnancy weight is ambitious - doable, yes, but with a lot of work over a long time.
  • lordyimlardy
    Options
    Would have to agree with Mockchoc, use the tape measure as your guide, water in the body can give massive fluctuations in weight. I struggle with this all the time. I also 'try' not to weigh myself too often probably once a month would give a better indication as to how your doing, best of luck :happy:
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you been using a measuring tape/taking photos to track you progress. Do you think you are losing inches? That is more important than scales. They can lie due to water weight etc..

I have really been limiting my sodium and drinking heaps of water. I am losing inches. It's been 2 months since i have started and i have lost about an inch and a half on my waist and my arms have definitely toned up!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I have really been limiting my sodium and drinking heaps of water. I am losing inches. It's been 2 months since i have started and i have lost about an inch and a half on my waist and my arms have definitely toned up!

Then you have zero to worry about. Well done!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'4 123.4 lb and i am only losing 0.2lb a week every week! I am strength training and doing cardio most days and my goal weight is 115lb as that was what i was before my daughter. Do you think 0.2lb a week is a realistic weight loss seeing as i don't have much to lose or could i be doing better?

Any advice please?

sounds about right to me.

if i was you, i would look less at the number on the scales and more at how you look, and work on reducing bodyfat rather than just weight.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position as you (115 pounds trying to get down to 110 and 5'1) - I'm generally not even losing weight week to week, but inches, for sure. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Your weight is so close to goal, that the weight loss will go very slowly. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will eventually come off. Focus more on inches lost (fat loss), then the number on the scale.

I'm so close to goal, sometimes I don't lose an ounce for a month, and then other times it goes a little quicker. Unfortunately our bodies aren't machines and it isn't predictable.