Favorite superhero?

shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
There was a thread like this once, but I was watching the x men movies & thought I would start another.
Mine is Jean Grey :)

Replies

• powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Gambit, I loved him in the X-Men cartoon
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
    Hulk or Wolverine.
    Although to be fair, outside the comics, Robert Downey Jr is a VERY likable Iron Man.
  • Rogue...The kick *kitten* version!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    tumblr_l5x7bskV1q1qc03fuo1_500.jpg
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Wolverine comes straight to mind.

Though even though she's not technically a superhero, I love Hit-Girl from KickAss.
  • shorty35565
    Hulk or Wolverine.
    Although to be fair, outside the comics, Robert Downey Jr is a VERY likable Iron Man.

He REALLY is!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Hong Kong Phooey.

or Patrick Willis.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Wolverine62_secondprinting.jpg

and psylock's just hot
    250px-Psylocke-20050603013519041.jpg
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Tough one, since I love so many, plus some crossover comics have alternate storylines where previous "villains" or borderline bad guys were good guys, etc. Batman, Spiderman, Gambit, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Wolverine. Can't decide.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    tumblr_lr89oeabyZ1qbg4qwo1_500.gif
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Can I say My Grammy? She was my super hero. If that doesn't count then I'll go with Thor!!
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Jean Grey.. as Phoenix even if she was a but.. eh... unstable..
    From my teens: Tarantella...
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Tough one, since I love so many, plus some crossover comics have alternate storylines where previous "villains" or borderline bad guys were good guys, etc. Batman, Spiderman, Gambit, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Wolverine. Can't decide.

Often wondered if Batman is a superhero or not..he seems to be a kick-*kitten* detective with killer abs...but he can't fly and do that sort of stuff...
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Spawn. I mean besides the burned mangled exterior...he has the power to do just about anything...just not an unlimited amount of it...oh...and the whole thing about the devil owning his soul when he DOES use it all...hmm...let me rethink this...
  • shorty35565

Often wondered if Batman is a superhero or not..he seems to be a kick-*kitten* detective with killer abs...but he can't fly and do that sort of stuff...
    That's how I feel. He doesn't have any powers.
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Dr. Who and Superman
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Dr. Who and Superman

OMG Yes! I didn't think of the Doctor as a superhero, but how could he not be?
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    I would have gone with Batman hands down but since he doesn't have super powers I'll go with Captain Planet. Always loved that show growing up.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Oh Batman!!

I found this for the non believers.... ;)

"Batman share more than enough of the commonalities of the fictional characters classified as "superheroes" to claim the pedigree. He wears a costume and keeps his real identity a secret; he has a hidden headquarters; he uses special equipment, ranging from miniaturized devices he keeps in his utility belt to vehicles like the batmobile and the batplane; he has the legal status of a deputy; he associates with other so-called superheroes and is a founding member of the Justice League of America, a team of "superheroes"; he often fights individuals who qualify as super-criminals; he defends common people and will risk his life to protect the common man; he can be summoned by the police through the use of a special signaling device (the "bat signal"); he has special skills which he uses to fight crime, ranging from a mastery of certain fighting skills, to the use of disguises, to the mastery of certain forensic sciences, to a unique understanding of psychology of the criminal mind, and he is a very good detective. Batman also answers to a higher moral code than does the average man.

Interestingly, the term "superhero" has been traced back to its first appearance in a 1942 story by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, when it was used to describe the costumed character "the Guardian," who also had no "super-powers." The term "super" is a coinage of the 1920s, when iit came into vogue as a contraction of the word "superior" and should not be construed as always meaning something beyond the ability of ordinary humans; "super" does not have to be synomymous with "impossible." Note that in wikipedia, it is clearly stated that "characters need not have actual superhuman powers to be deemed superheroes." Batman is also served up there as an example of one of the world's best known "superheroes," and he is the prototype of scores of costumed heroes who have no superhuman powers. Clearly, Batman qualifies as a "superhero" and opinions to the contrary are exactly that, mere opinions, and may be ignored with a clear conscience."
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer.