How serious does it have to be until you stop??

Options
Hi

This may be a really silly question but am on day 5 of 30ds and I am experiencing pain in my shins and calves, what I presume to be shin splints. Really would hate to have to stop now as this is the first time I've stuck at it for more than a day! Any tips?
x

Replies

• lovetolift82
    Options
    I used to suffer terribly with them, but got my feet gaged. They get you to run on a machine and check your feet to see if you run with you feet in or the way you put your feet down etc. they then advise you on certain trainers that will help with these things and fit you feet perfectly. Since having my new trainers I am pain free.????
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't do the Shred in one go. I know it's advertised as such, but even Jillian herself has said it's better for your muscles if you take breaks in-between. Take a rest day, and see if it feels better. If not, see your doctor to find out what's going on, you don't want to injure yourself and not be able to exercise for weeks ;)
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Is there any reason not to do such a workout bare footed ? I'm guessing you've been wearing trainers.