Polar T31-Coded I haz it !!

Options
So I have been bought the Polar T31-Coded, so when I go to the gym it now tells me my heart rate.

138bpm for Body Pump
168bpm for Spin

But what do I do with this information ? How does it help me with weight loss ? Does anybody known anything on this subject ? Thanks xxxxx

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Does it not give you your calories burned? Most HRMs do.
  • Y2KBABE
    Y2KBABE Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doesn't appear to, but now I know my top heart beat should be 177 and I get to 170bpm in Total Body Conditioning, but I still don't know what it means :(
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The bpm would just show how hard you are working while exercising. The lower end of an elevated HR means fat loss zone while the higher end of your elevated HR would be fitness or cardio conditioning while still burning calories.

Are you able to return it? A good HRM should read your HR, should allow you to enter your age, sex, weight and height as well as provide you with a calorie burn reading (mine also will show the time in fat burn mode and fitness/cardio mode). It would be a bit of work to try and work out calories just from your bpm as you would need to take an average if it shows that or do a few calculations and add them together to find your calories burned (if you want calories burned).
  • Y2KBABE
    Y2KBABE Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh I see, well yes I did set my age, sex, date and time. But I couldn't see calories burned, however I shall try and look more closely tonight, because your right, your post makes a lot of sense, it should show me calories burned somewhere !! I might just be a bit dense.