Needing encouragement, motivation, and accountability

Options
Hello, MFP world!
I need some help getting started with this again. I've tried this a few times before but I've always lacked the long-term motivation to really get the job done. I've been overweight since very early childhood and as a young adult now, it shames me greatly to admit that I am morbidly obese. Not a very pretty title, eh? I know that I need to get this under control and I know that I CAN get this under control if I really put all of my effort into it, but I often feel so overwhelmed by the task ahead of me that I fail before I even get started. In an attempt to appeal to my naturally competetive nature, I would like to find some new friends on here to issue me some serious challenges. I always give up on goals that I set for myself, but if someone else is counting on me to come through, I work a hundred times harder to meet their expectations. So, if you would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate some encouragement, motivation, and some challenges to help me meet my fitness goals. Thank you, community!!!

Resa

Replies

• brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'll nag, challenge, and nudge you --- if you'll do the same.
  • Maewhet0126
    Maewhet0126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I have been struggling with this weight loss process I had my daughter in August and been trying to get back to my size. Within those months I only lost 8 lbs and I have been using my fitness pal for two weeks and the first week I lost two pounds!! (: username:maerog0126
  • corelliesmom
    corelliesmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you Resa!!! I just started (again) and my blog reads much like your words. So, lets push each other. How can we help each other? Checking in regularly about exercise and food, or just checking in regularly??? Believe me I need help too.
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I just started up again yesterday and I am also in need of encouragement and motivation. I am happy to help you along the way. We all need support during this time and I think having challenges is a fun way to go about the task before us. make small goals. Don't look at it like you need to lose 50lb, 100lb etc..Set small goals. My first goal is to lose 5 lbs. When I reach that goal, I will set a goal for another 5 lbs..I find that it is less overwhelming..You can do this...We are all here to support each other..Feel free to add me as a friend:smile:
  • Pr1ncessWarrior
    Pr1ncessWarrior Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have not added any friends on here and have no idea how but I am using this site to get me to my goal weight as well. Ive been up and down in weight but nothing out of control. Since my father passed (two years ago) and a back injury I pretty much gave up and my weight went up. I am ready to take back my life and Id love to be some motivation to you. One thing I find here is be honest dont put it in your mouth unless you are willing to put in on the charts. If I need a treat I only do it once a week and I take half of what I want. Sweat everyday and after 3 months of exercise it will become a habit and you will miss it if you dont do it. Have you tuned into the show The Biggest Loosers-I get highly motivated on watching the struggles and sucess stories.

Make sure you are doing this for you because you really deserve it. Small goals are easier to obtain so although you say you are morbidly obese dont make your goal to loose 100 pounds make it 5 and feel the reward of reaching that. On here you can reset your goals every day so dont make it so big it gets away from you before you give an effort. I am watching and I know everyone has the power to beat obesity.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Alright, everyone... let's do this! Send me messages once in awhile and remind me to drink water, eat fruits and veggies, stay the heck away from soda, etc... I'll gladly do the same for you! Anyone have any short term goals they're working towards? I haven't set any numerical goals as they tend to be discouraging to me, but my best friend is getting married on a cruise ship in 4 months and I would just love to be a LITTLE more comfortable in my skin by then, regardless of what the scale says. What are some of your goals?
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Add me. I'm in.
    p.s....It might help to take "before" pictures so you can see your progress.