Hello from NJ!

Options
Hi everyone. I joined MFP months ago and didn't have much to say, but now I'm ready to stop being so anti-social and get to know people. I'll be 30 in a few months and hope to finally start living a healthy lifestyle. I've been chubby most of my life. Last year I noticed how overweight and unhappy I was with myself. My size 18 jeans no longer fit so I had worn sweat pants for over 2 years, my double chin got bigger, face fatter, stomach was way out there, my shoulders were bulkier and I finally had enough. I stepped on the scale and I was 260lbs. I had to change that and promised to never let myself get that big again. I've been dieting, working out and just watching what I ate in general. At 204 I'm still only half way towards my goal. I'm hoping to finally go to Six flags (it's been YEARS) this summer *fingers crossed* without worrying if I'll fit on the rides. :blushing:

I'd love to make new friends on here. Sooo, nice meeting you all. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BubblyMelodite
    BubblyMelodite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! (Also from NJ haha)

Firstly, congratulations on your weight loss so far!! You've done amazingly well! I'm sure you'll continue to do so and reach your goals!!! I cant remember the last time I was under 220 (since junior high). It sounds magical LOL!

I haven't really posted much in the forums either, but I've read a lot of them.

How tall are you?

*high five*
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great work so far!! You can add me if you want :):flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards. I'm not on them as much as I would like, but you can find some great info on here.
    Feel free to add me :) I used to live in Jersey, Hammonton & Lindenwold.
  • mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job!! you are doing fantastic - keep up the good work. I am also from NJ - Phillipsburg - I will add you - We got this!! :)
  • grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in Jersey as well and just got back onto MFP. You're doing great on the weight loss and I hope you keep it up. It's a struggle for us all. I'm debating getting Great Adventure passes this year being the kids have never gone. I'm in the same boat as you about going there. You're more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • dainoram
    dainoram Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello from NJ too :laugh: I just started on this site a couple of days ago and It has honestly helped so much to keep myself in check and the support from the friends you'll get here is amazing! :flowerforyou: good luck - I'll add you to have another NJ support buddy :wink:
  • E2IKAxo
    E2IKAxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for making me feel welcomed. :smile:

@atruestargodd - it IS magical lol and i'm 5'4
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also from NJ. Congrats on your achievements so far and good for you for wanting to be more active on this site. I wish you continued success.
  • TvPope
    Options
    Hello! You can add me too. I am new to the site, just joined about a month ago. I haven't posted any but I have been reading a lot of posts and it is very helpful. :smile:
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    From Paramus, NJ here... welcome!
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    Greetings from CT! I have been on MFP for about a week and my goal is to be at 150 from my starting weight of 233. I had my first weigh in today and I lost 4.6 pounds. This is my second time on MFP and I am determined to stay on this time and lose this weight. Please feel free to add me! We are all in this together!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Another Jersey girl here! Welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far! I live in Marlton. I haven't been to Six Flags since my kids were little. .....but I do like the outlets. ;)
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome here and awesome job on your weight loss. I am also in NJ.
    To tell you a secret, I have never been to the Six Flags in NJ. I was so ashamed of going shirtless in the water rides that I always found some excuse or another to turn down any invites from friends to join them at Six Flags.

But this year, I want to go!