Drinking and Weight Loss

Options
So I party quite a bit with my friends on the weekend. Well I am frusterated that I havent been losing weight, so I am quitting drinking for 2 months.
Has anyone else stopped drinking and then see the pounds come right off?

Replies

• texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am still losing weight, I don't drink nearly as much as I use to (from beer every weekend to maybe twice a month) It does bloat me and I retain water as a result. I stick to lite beer or a glass of wine.

Starting weight: 178 July 28th, 2012
    CW: 130
    GW: 120
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yes...I quit alcohol dec 1 for 3 weeks before christmas and dropped 5 pounds without changing anything else ...and that 5 pounds would not budge for me for the longest time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Honestly no.

A few years ago I cut my drinking down to just the weekends and I really didn't see a huge difference in my weight loss to be honest. If I can fit it into my calories then I let myself indulge and I don't really worry about it too much.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Drinking cocktails was what made me gain 25 pounds in under 6 months.
    I quit smoking and started drinking margaritas instead.
    The fat hit me so fast and hard, I didn't even see it coming.

I still drink a beer every night with dinner, and 3 or 4 on the weekends, and I'm losing weight.

But STAY AWAY from the cocktails!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Drinking cocktails was what made me gain 25 pounds in under 6 months.
    I quit smoking and started drinking margaritas instead.
    The fat hit me so fast and hard, I didn't even see it coming.

I still drink a beer every night with dinner, and 3 or 4 on the weekends, and I'm losing weight.

But STAY AWAY from the cocktails!

^^^THIS. I only drink light beer when I go out, which is only once or twice a month. I have a problem with stopping once I start, but when I stick to light beer, I fill up quickly so I drink a little less and I know I won't be too affected by the extra calories and bloat. Cocktails are the worst for weight loss. I can't believe how much sugar and calories are in margaritas!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I also drink every weekend and still loose, its a lifestyle change not just a diet for me. So I dont want to make any drastic changes that will result in weight gain back soon as I go back to drinking again. I try to only drink one night of the weekend, so either Friday or Saturday, but the odd weekend I do drink both days. I also stick to light beer, or white wine.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes, please...

Oh, sorry... :wink:

I have cut WAAAAY back on my consumption of wine. I keep it within my calories, after eating meals and the like...instead of a cookie or ice cream, I will have a glass of wine. I haven't stopped losing...I'm going about .5-1 lb per week. Now, if I were drinking like I was before I started logging food again? I would probably still be gaining.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I drink I stick to straight liquor.

Whiskey FTW.
    I just log it and make sure it fits into my calories.