Your most inspirational workout track

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
I'm not looking for playlist suggestions of pumpin' choons to get your feet moving faster. Instead, what's the one track on your workout playlist that you turn to for inspiration when you're finding it really tough going?

Mine is "Ain't got no/I got life" by Nina Simone. Starts off mellow, ends up sweeping, and the stunningly simple lyrics are a reminder that whatever you're lacking you have exactly everything you need right here, right now. It's also the classiest song you'll ever hear with the word "boobs" in it :laugh:

Works equally as well for life as it does for workouts.

Thanks Nina :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Fat bottomed girls by Queen :wink:
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Keeps getting better - christina aguleria
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Five Finger Death Punch - Under and Over It
    Three Days Grace - Chalk Outline
    In This Moment - Blood
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Flagpole Sitta-Harvey Danger.
  • Moosiklaydy
    Options
    Adrenalize by In This Moment. It really gets the blood moving! I almost feel like a superhero while I'm running. It always gets me through a tough stretch.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have been listening to Fatboy Slim's greatest hits during my dreadmill runs, and i think my fav for motivational is a toss up between "Praise You" and "Right here, Right now". They always push me to keep going & going.
  • pevansk47
    pevansk47 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I go walking my favorite track is Walking by Mary Mary! This song is letting me know that God is walking with me! He is walking every step of the way and keep walking! Without Him I can do nothing! With God all things are possible!
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga's "Born this Way" and "Telephone!"
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Bumping this topic so I can find out about some new music!

"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson is at the top of my list right now...even though I don't listen to a lot of "pop" music I really love that song.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few. But off the top of my head:
    Fix You by Coldplay
    Hall of Fame by The Script and Will.i.am , 'cos you can do anything if you try :)
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Since April 2012 it's "Dancing Queen" by Abba. It was playing on the loudspeakers as I got to Buckingham Palace & approached the last 385 yards banner at the VLM last year!! Now I find it spurs me on when I am flagging!! Although I have to sing it as I don't run with music!!! :wink:
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    Make your own kind of music - mamma cass elliot (stole it from Lost)

Knock Knock - Mac Miller
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Alestorm's cover of You Are A Pirate always makes me smile, and that's helped me break through the "wall" more than a couple of times. Also, Dragonforce. I don't care what I'm doing, when Through the Fire and Flames comes on, beast mode is engaged and it don't stop for the next seven minutes.
  • AwesomeTriathlon
    AwesomeTriathlon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drums of Belfast - Scythian
    Hysteria - Muse
    Harder, better, faster, stronger - Daft Punk
    Highway to Hell - AC/DC
    Born to be Wild - AC/DC