heart rate monitor

Options
Does anyone out there in the community know of a good heart rate monitor? I am looking for one that tracks my heart rate and monitors the calories burned. I don't want something super expensive and I don't want to have to spend time down loading information. I just want heart rate and calories burned to show up on the display. I will track the calories burned on My Fitness Pal myself.

Replies

• RunReadEat
    RunReadEat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I posted on this topic on another HRM thread and am just copying it below. Hope it helps.

I have a Polar FT7 which works great for me.

Things I like about it:
    Size: It's not huge. I have small wrists and it doesn't seem like I'm wearing a massive computer on my wrist.
    Price: Very reasonable. I think I paid under $70. Yay.
    User friendly: This might sound odd, but I like that it doesn't have too many features. It tracks a workout's duration, calories, max and average HR, and keeps of log of it all. That's about all I need. I'm pretty sure you can upload directly to a computer, but I've never tried it.
    Bonus (spoiler alert!): It has a special screen on your birthday.

Things I don't like:
    No stopwatch/timer. What's up with that, Polar?
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have this same HRM and love it!!
    I posted on this topic on another HRM thread and am just copying it below. Hope it helps.

I have a Polar FT7 which works great for me.

Things I like about it:
    Size: It's not huge. I have small wrists and it doesn't seem like I'm wearing a massive computer on my wrist.
    Price: Very reasonable. I think I paid under $70. Yay.
    User friendly: This might sound odd, but I like that it doesn't have too many features. It tracks a workout's duration, calories, max and average HR, and keeps of log of it all. That's about all I need. I'm pretty sure you can upload directly to a computer, but I've never tried it.
    Bonus (spoiler alert!): It has a special screen on your birthday.

Things I don't like:
    No stopwatch/timer. What's up with that, Polar?
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use the polar ft7 which retails for between 109-119 at sporting good stores. I found it online at bodytronics with free shipping for 74.99 and it shipped to me in 2 days. When checking out use coupon code POPO

I have quite a while till my bday, but looking forward to seeing what it is...didnt know about that
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I too have this one and its basic and easy and like a little cheerleader on your arm makes me workout harder love seeing heart rate increase!! Def worth the 70$
  • RunReadEat
    RunReadEat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I should add that the $70 price was on Amazon. Hate to see you spend more than necessary.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I bought a $30 Garmin on Amazon and it has worked well for the last year through lost of sweat and wear.
  • wp95jma
    wp95jma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have an older Polar F6 that I love. It does all that you are asking for. I bought mine from www.heartratemonitorsusa.com and there are always coupon codes for them at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/heartratemonitorsusa.com

Hope this helps!

Currently the Polar FT4 is on sale this week from $60 - $72 if you use the code HEART8 at checkout you will save 8% and they always offer free shipping: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4.html :smile:
  • I have a pricey polar ft80 which I love but I bought a sportsline with chest strap at walmart for about $40 and it will do what you want and works well also.
  • cnf2013
    cnf2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. It does everything you're asking about and it runs about $80-ish.
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The birthday screen is fun - was quite a surprise to me too :) (If you REALLY can't wait, I posted the pic of mine last August on their FB page :wink: )
    I use the polar ft7 which retails for between 109-119 at sporting good stores. I found it online at bodytronics with free shipping for 74.99 and it shipped to me in 2 days. When checking out use coupon code POPO

I have quite a while till my bday, but looking forward to seeing what it is...didnt know about that
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 on Amazon a few weeks ago for $75 including shipping, if you get it on Amazon, just be sure to check the prices for the different colors, I didn't really care about the colors, but I liked one color more than the one I got, it was $10 more, started checking the prices on the different colors and discovered they have different prices, picked the least expensive color figuring that it would work the same no matter the color
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Another good thing about the polarft7: I've had mine for over 5 years now and it's still working well. I use it about five days a week and have only had to change the battery twice in all that time.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I bought a $30 Garmin on Amazon and it has worked well for the last year through lost of sweat and wear.

I lied! I just checked and I have the Garmin HRM2-SS. Ran around $50 when I bought it. But still, very durable.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Another one here with the Polar FT7 Love it!
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7 bluetooth and love it. Polar came out with their own free app last fall, Polar Beat, which I absolutely love. Not only does it give you your calorie burn and distance (if needed), but it also gives you a little exercise analysis at the end of your work out and gives you a quick optional survey (how you felt during your workout) so that you can see your progress (meaning looking at your history and saying... wow, I think that work out is easy now, but a few month ago I thought it was really hard).

I love it.
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft7 too. It's a great tool, but has way more features than what you're looking for. I got it for the extra features that I honestly don't even use. I would say go for the ft4. It's simple and both have a super comfy chest strap that you won't even notice when you're working out. Sometimes I forget mine is on until I go and take a shower lol. Also, the ft4 is less expensive. On ebay I saw it for around 67 dollars. Trust me, it's a great investment!
  • CheetosPuffsCruz
    Options
    I bought this one like 5 weeks ago. Since you a female I found the one for you and a color that goes with females I have the same one but for guys it's all black but it's easy to use. Affordable price at only $25 it brings the watch which you can also use as a regular watch it has the time, date, alarm, it reads your heart rate high and low levels, it shows you the calories burned. It's very good and a good price as well I cannot complaint. I have my fiancée and several of my co-workers using it as we are all part of an insanity group here at work. It's called Pyle Sports Heart Rate Monitor Watch. Google it and you'll find it. It's through Amazon with free shipping as well. Enjoy!

Pyle Sports Heart Rate Monitor Watch with Minimum, Average Heart Rate, Calories, Target Zones
    by Pyle Sports
    3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (183 customer reviews) | Like 1362068589 false 0 8 8 7 (8)

List Price: $62.99
    Price: $24.96 & eligible for FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
    Deal Price:
    You Save: $38.03 (60%)
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
    Want it tomorrow, March 1? Order within 8 hrs 6 mins, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o Color: PinkBlackGreenPinkSilver

9 new from $22.11
    Time/date, 1/100 sec stopwatch, energy saving function, auto
    Present heart rate, calories burnt, display off
    Maximum heart rate, daily alarm, water resistance: 33 feet/10 meters/1 ATM
    Average heart rate, user setting
    Target zone setting, LED backlight
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

<3 your use of promo codes! Haha nice to find another bargain shopper!
  • loseitbyjune
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts. It sounds like alot of you have the Polar FT7. I will look into this kind. Thanks again!