30 Day Shred

Options
I've seen a lot of people posting on here about the 30DS. I'm going to start it tomorrow (Monday) for the first time and was wondering if anyone else wants to try it at the same time so we can check in with each other as we go?? Its free on Youtube!

Replies

• bearforlife0607
    bearforlife0607 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    im going to start it tonight with a cardio workout 3 times a week i would love a buddy for motivation
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did it Friday for the first time in awhile, and I had to take SAturday and Sunday off cuz I was sooo sore lol. I'm so out of shape. I did it again tonight. I'm planning on doing it every night Monday through Friday at the very least...possibly Saturday/Sunday. We'll see.
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    A few things I find difficult, is for one that I pretty much have zero balance. There's one move where I have to hold my hand on the wall while lunging.
    I also am not flexible at all so the cool down is very hard, especially trying to sit up straight with my hands behind my back.
    Oh, and my coordination SUCKS...so I can't do the bicycle crunches. I just do extra regular crunches/reverse crunches.
    Anyone else have these problems? I hope I'm not the only one :/
  • hnb714
    Options
    I started 30DS last Wednesday. I was soooooo sore Thursday thru Saturday but I still did it. The soreness is going away. I can't do the bicycle crunches either. LOL! I just do regular crunches during that time. WEdnesday I'm hoping to move to level 2!
  • bevjo0412
    bevjo0412 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level 1 for a week and a half. I just did Level 1 and Lever 2 tonight, One after another. Ugh, My abs are sore. I hope it worth it.
  • esmesmomma
    esmesmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YAY I'm so glad there is a CURRENT(2013) 30 day shred thread! I completed Day 5 today. I have had two bad eating days which is disappointing but I'm still happy that I've stuck with the DVD. Jillian says that by now I should start to notice a difference in my endurance and what not but today was actually harder for me than any other day. I ate great all day, drank a lot of water and it wasn't that I felt sore necessarily but just that my legs felt like cement:( ugh, anyway...I'm looking forward to posting my before/after pics/measurements.
    Keep up the good work everyone! Remember it's only 25 minutes!
  • KaBo81
    Options
    Today was day 4 of level 1 for me and I must admit that it was the hardest day so far. I was very sore after day 1, days 2 and 3 were actually fine..... but today was TOUGH!!!!! I'm trying to do more of the advanced exercises, but after today I think I must still stay with the beginners' exercises for another while!

For the first time in years, I'm committed to getting into shape and live a healthy lifestyle, so I won't quit!!!!!!
    Maybe tomorrow will be better! :-)
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    I'm about to do Day 3 Level 1 tonight. I found yesterday was a tiny bit easier than the first day, I hope after 10 days I won't feel like I am dying haha.
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I just completed 30DS less than two weeks ago. I started Ripped in 30 after a 2 day break, finished week 1 of RI30 and today started week 2. I am not sporty at all but have enjoyed the JM workout challenges. Learnt about the Shred on MFP.
    Have seen some toning around my tummy since starting....and feel so much better about myself.
    Still, week 2 of Ripped in 30 is challenging...but am going to keep at it and aiming to finish by end of March.

Anyone else doing Ripped in 30?

Good luck to you all....you will enjoy the 30DS :)
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    I completed level 1 day 4 today after stopping a few weeks ago to personal commitments. I got to level 2 day 3 and my before and after level 1 pics were amazing so I use that as motivation lol
    I'm actually finding it harder this time around but I'm really trying to push myself, even though I had to take a few breaks today and I also have problems with balance lol
  • RubyInParadise
    RubyInParadise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started last Tuesday. Today is day 7 of level 1 for me. I've definitely noticed a difference in the mirror. I will be taking measurements and pictures on day 10, 20, and 30.

I am excited for level 2!! I really enjoy her workouts!
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    Just finished level 1 Day 4. Wow...some of the leg moves are KILLING me! Glad I made it through it though. I'm having a lot of trouble not straining my neck with crunches though. I have never been able to do them without straining.My neck is pretty sore right now, and I can feel a headache coming on.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 of level 1..I'm noticing a HUGE difference. The first day I was only able to do girly pushups - today I was able to do 7 full pushups! I got my husband to critique my pushups - I have to work at going lower, but he said he's quite impressed. I can feel the difference from day 1 - which I guess is the most important thing..

I love the fact that it's only 25 minutes! I usually walk with my baby in the morning for an hour, today we went swimming in the afternoon and I did the shred in the evening - so it was a good day!
  • HTOCHE2013
    Options
    I love it so far! Day 3 Level 1 and im a little sore mostly in my calfs! I feel like I am getting a good workout even though its only 25 minutes. Is anyone on level 2 yet, I have heard its tough?
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    I love it so far! Day 3 Level 1 and im a little sore mostly in my calfs! I feel like I am getting a good workout even though its only 25 minutes. Is anyone on level 2 yet, I have heard its tough?

It is tough, but it's my fave level. I bought this DVD about 2 years ago and did it 21 days straight and I got to the end of level 2. I never made it to level 3 and I have never been able to stick with it since, so I am trying really hard to do it this time. I love the plank moves. I love anything that works my abs, because I feel like it shrinks my stomach and makes it flatter.
  • d8402l
    d8402l Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started 30DS today. I am beat right now. I also started fresh with my measurements, my old scale broke so I got a new one and wanted consistent weight tracking, so I just deleted all my old information and started fresh.

So this is day one and I'm going to weigh in every Wednesday. My husband and I are really going to push each other to finish 30 days.
  • keighley1985
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 3 Level 1 for me. I've just been using tins of baked beans as weights as I dont have any, but I've just reserved some hand weights from Argos so look forward to using them tomorrow! I took measurements but forgot to take pics... :( I'm also on Slimming World and worried if I start holding water that its going to affect my weigh ins each week. So far I'm enjoying it, I struggle the most with the Abs section, I'm glad thats only 1 minute!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday and after 2 days my claves and thighs are sore. I will persevere though! I am excited to see if I can make it through.
  • alexatfifield
    alexatfifield Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 of Level Two today!!! I was doing really well with Level 1, I did it for 10 days in total, but this felt like I was at the beginning all over again! I'm taking this as a good thing as it means it does progressively get harder, I'll get fitter and Level 3 will still be a challenge in a couple of weeks! Stick with it! By day 8 I could do it no trouble at all and felt so good for it! I am also taking pics at the end of each level and there is such a difference already! I've lost nearly all my back fat!
  • heinebutt
    Options
    I think I will pick this up when at target later today. I have also been reading about it but did not want to start..too hard! I think I shall try it!!!:bigsmile: