quick question...

Options
Should I be exercising a different area on different days or maybe a combination of areas? Also, should I do cardio everyday by itself. (I do HIIT training on the elliptical) or along with like a leg/arm/stomach workout?

Replies

• bviv89
    bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • koneil83
    koneil83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    is anyone gonna answer my question!??!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Should I be exercising a different area on different days or maybe a combination of areas? Also, should I do cardio everyday by itself. (I do HIIT training on the elliptical) or along with like a leg/arm/stomach workout?
    Depends on what you're doing. Are you lifting weights? A DVD workout? Gym class?

Generally if you're lifting or focusing on one or two areas of the body at a time (like legs & butt), you should move to another body part the next time to let the worked muscles rest. Cardio is ok, but also depending on what you're doing - some people run daily, some 3 days a week, or do different sorts of cardio after a weights, walking or spinning or kickboxing, for 20-30 minutes.

Depends on how you're feeling, how your body is responding - need to make sure you're not over doing it, and also that you're eating enough to fuel those workouts.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I think it all comes down to what you enjoy the most, and how your body feels.

I used to work out a different body area each day and do a follow-up of cardio for 30-60 minutes after weight training. I would do this 6 days per week and take 1 day off. There have also been times where I was on a cardio kick and just did 1.5 hours of cardio daily for 3 or 4 days per week.

Right now? I'm on a hot yoga kick, so I do anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours of hot yoga daily (includes some weight training etc in varioud fusion type classes), and I'm doing it every single day as some days are only a deep stretching class.

If you start to feel lethargic, you may be overdoing it. If you are constantly sore, you may be overdoing it. On the flip side, if you never feel that 'wow, that was a GOOD workout' you probably aren't pushing it hard enough.