Belly Fat!

Options
I lost all the weight I need to and (same old story, I know) I cannot lose my belly fat. I saw a doctor and he told me that it's probably not fat in there but excess skin. I've really been working hard doing strength training with the cardio. Is there any way to lose the extra skin without resorting to surgery? Even if it would tighten a little. Any success tories for flattening the belly? Are there any creams that work? Any advice is appreciated. I lost 130 pounds and I think I'm at my ideal. I don't want to lose anymore and I don't think that losing more weight would lose the belly fat anyway!

Replies

• DJRichCT
    DJRichCT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If anyone has had any success in reducing their excess skin in their belly after losing weight, please let me know how!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I've been told in can take up to two years for loose skin to tighten up as much as it will. A good surgeon won't consider surgery before that. A lot will depend on your age and your genetics though.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the biggest question is how long the weight has been gone for. It can definitely take a year or more for your skin to snap back into shape (depending on age and who knows what else). Everything I've heard says the best things are weight training, lots of water, moisturizing, but most importantly just time. There's no easy answer, sadly.
  • DJRichCT
    DJRichCT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, at least I know there's hope! Thanks for the reply. It's only been a few months since I lost all the weight (it took me about a year to lose 130 pounds). I just have to be patient. Thanks again!