Any Atkins users?

Options
Hi, new to MFP and wondering if anyone else out there is using the Atkins plan to lose weight? I lost quite a bit right before the holidays, but ate one too many Christmas cookies and now need to lose about 12 lbs to get to goal weight.

Replies

• laurenjaderhodes
    Options
    Hi!
    i am trying it to! i'm currently on day 2, actually feeling pretty good about it. hopefully i'll lose some weight though cos at the moment it just feels like i'm eating all the foods i shouldn't! :)
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't follow "adkins" but I do eat low carb. :)
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't follow "adkins" but I do eat low carb. :)

atkins...
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past, with great success!
    I still follow a low carb diet (100g or under, which i consider "low carb" still) and have also had great success eating under 100g a day. and the carbs i do eat come only from veggies & fruit
  • agatasz
    Options
    Hiya,

Im doing Atkins :) add me as a friend :)
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started a low carb phase today! Looking forward to seeing the results.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hm. I don't believe Christmas cookies are strictly Atkins. I did Atkins years ago and lost weight on it. The trouble with Atkins, I think, is that much of the weight you lose is water weight, and it can all jump back on you in one weekend of too many Christmas cookies. It's astonishing how many pounds can leap back when you screw up, as I recall. So in other words, it is not really fat that's been lost. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    Hm. I don't believe Christmas cookies are strictly Atkins. I did Atkins years ago and lost weight on it. The trouble with Atkins, I think, is that much of the weight you lose is water weight, and it can all jump back on you in one weekend of too many Christmas cookies. It's astonishing how many pounds can leap back when you screw up, as I recall. So in other words, it is not really fat that's been lost. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
    The water one loses doing any sort of diet is only during the first two weeks after that it's fat.
  • Gaelicgirl1983
    Options
    Yup, brand new Atkins dieter right here! I just started on Sunday. I plan to make this a lifestyle change though, because of how long I've had the weight issue, and I also have a rash caused by eating too many carbs as well.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The water one loses doing any sort of diet is only during the first two weeks after that it's fat.

But with Atkins, an awful lot of water is lost and and awful lot can spring back onto your body in a hurry. I am not making this up. Many other people have had the same experience as me. If you can suddenly have 8-10 pounds back on you after a weekend, you can't tell me that's fat. It's water. Low-carb dieting is know for getting rid of water weight first and fast. Just as fast it will come back. If I implied you don't lose any fat, then I mispoke. That was not my point at all.
  • Amyirene74
    Amyirene74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight on Atkins years ago but had more children and fell off the wagon. I have been eating 1200-1400 calories for the last 2 months and lost some weight but now nothing is coming off. I am going back on Induction tomorrow.
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins :) I did it about 4 years ago and lost 50lbs, Now I am back on it since I had a baby almost a year ago and gained 60lbs during pregnancy that has decided to stay :p Glad to find other people doing Atkins also..