Help with recipes please please please?!

Options
FRIENDS- Anyone know of an online cookbook where you enter recipes and it give your the nutritional information? I am looking for one!!! It would make adding food a crap ton easier!!!

I am trying to eat cleaner, low carb, low cal, high protein and good fat foods. If anyone has recipes as well, please msg me!

Replies

• GospelofGrace
    Options
    allrecipes.com shows nutritional information at the bottom of their recipes.
  • msgabismit
    Options

does this work if I enter my own recipes?
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com is one, it doesn't only have low/cal low/carb recipes but you can put that into the seach and see what comes up. Also, if you have your own recipe in mind you can use the recipe builder on here. All you do is enter in all the foods, the servings and it'll tell you how many cals/fat/carbs/protein is in the whole recipe as well as per serving.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you realize that MFP has that capability? Go to "Recipes" on the Food tab, enter your ingredients, and it calculates all the macros needed.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Great minds think alike LOL :wink:
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

If the link doesn't work, search sparkpeople recipe calculator. I have used it several times for calculating my own creations!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP one.

Food-> Recipes-> Enter New Recipe-> Save.

You keep them all in 'My recipe box'.
  • msgabismit
    Options
    I'm assuming you realize that MFP has that capability? Go to "Recipes" on the Food tab, enter your ingredients, and it calculates all the macros needed.

Yes I know but it's not really user friendly!
  • Kitkay805
    Options
    The is a program that I use. Its called Cook'n. It was groupon deal and it was really cheap. It basically meant to be a program where you can build your own cookbooks, both on your computer and access them online.

You just basically put in your recipe (or you can find it on line and "capture" it (and it will input it automatically), then it will calculate your nutrition facts based on your ingredients and the serving portions.

I love it :)
  • GospelofGrace
    Options
    Thank you for explaining that.
  • GospelofGrace
    Options
    Use the MFP one.

Food-> Recipes-> Enter New Recipe-> Save.

You keep them all in 'My recipe box'.

Thank you for explaining that.
  • msgabismit
    Options
    The is a program that I use. Its called Cook'n. It was groupon deal and it was really cheap. It basically meant to be a program where you can build your own cookbooks, both on your computer and access them online.

You just basically put in your recipe (or you can find it on line and "capture" it (and it will input it automatically), then it will calculate your nutrition facts based on your ingredients and the serving portions.

I love it :)

that sounds fantastic.