Eating All my Calories sometimes

Options
Means I need to go over in Carbs or Protein, ive not been on here to long but does it matter ? I know it would if its every day and stuff but sometimes I just cant help it I either dont eat all my calories to stay in with everything, or I eat all my calories and perhaps have a -1 to anything like -12 on Carbs or protein.

Are then any foods low in these food catogories (sp?)

Cat x

Replies

• jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, cucumbers, salad, and celery are options for low calorie and low carb snacks. I eat these as a snack after dinner (around 7:30). Cut out bread completely and substitute with whole grain wraps (Flatout brand is good). This will keep your carb intake low but will still insure that you get your whole grains.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    fruit is generally high carb, but good for you. Cheese is very low carb. As long as your carbs are of good quality (and not cuz you gorged yourself on McDonalds), you should be okay :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how crucial it is, or how spot on accurate our designated settings are. I would think I'd need way more fiber than mine suggests, and I also hit my suggested protein limit before I know it every day (I like protein but I don't eat mass quantities of it) - so if I go over on either one I don't sweat it. I just strive to keep it balanced and healthy - and figure that'll be good :)

:blushing: Probably didn't help much, but ...
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use MFP as an estimate. It doesn't matter if you occasionally go over on what it estimates your carbs/protein/calories/what-have-you should be. Also, as someone else mentioned, just make sure you are putting healthy things into your body - 300 calories of fruit, yogurt, chicken, etc is a lot better for you than that 20 oz of Coke from McDonald's!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I tweeked my settings a little bit. But it depends if your carbs and sugars are coming from junk or from things like cheese and fruit like mentioned before. I don't pay attention to my sugar because with as much fruit as I eat, 1 piece and it's over with for the day. If you are going over your calories but exercising you should have some carbs etc added back in there for your workout.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Also, contrary to popular opinion, carbs and protein are GOOD for you! Your body converts carbs into glucose which gives you energy and keeps you functioning. Protein will help you build muscle :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about being a little over or a little under but I try to balance it out during the week. I posted something similar about balancing proteins/carbs yesterday and ended up increasing my protein % and decreasing the carbs by a little. For fiber, I have always heard 25-35 grams/day, so I think MFP is a little low on that too. Still, I am getting around 20 and that is great compared to how much I used to get!

Low carb/high protein foods: lean meats (turkey, chicken, fish), cheese (high in sodium), egg whites

Low protein/high carb foods: fruit, bread/grains
  • relicsloft
    relicsloft Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem only with fat or sugar... and i dont have to go over my calories to do so :(
    but reality is i have to learn to eat more carbs, the right carbs, but i just have never been a carb eater... so i am changing my whole life, in a good way.... and the right way is moderation. you seem to be trying to find that moderation on the other side of mine.
    Sorry to say but if you are not spending those extra carbs they are broken down in your body to sugars and extra sugars are going to slow your weight loss, and i think protiens are harder to break down, but i know your hair and nails must be growing fast.
    remember, things on here are added by just regular people and if you are not checking BIG mistakes are being made... so keep track and if something is over check it by hand... i still love to keep my note in my head of how fats or sugars are in something so when i put it in i can check if the data is correct.
  • CatRodger
    CatRodger Posts: 105
    Options
    Scanned through todays carbs and the biggest lot was out of a Good for you "Tikka Masala" with 70 Carbs, then I got some from my toast from Breakfast and then Crackerbreads at lunch time.

The rest is things like Marmite and fresh Cherries, and go ahead slices

Total carbs its allocated me is 200

So Tech my carbs did come from healthy things.

My Protein was bang on today with 0 left to have.

Fat was left remainig 10