over and losing

Options
Is there anyone else who goes over their calories by a couple hundred a day and still loses? When. I first started this, hitting and staying at my calorie goal was a piece of cake, but lately it seems I not satisfie and consistantly go over!

Replies

• annie33
    annie33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd say your Metabolic rate has increased!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    possible annie, but more probable is that you are underestimating the calories you need in a day to function, and when you go over you're body's grabbing up the extras like a guy in the desert attacking a Poland Springs vendor!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    I experience the same. But I'm not loosing now. I'm stuck. I have 3 lbs to before my goal.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    possible annie, but more probable is that you are underestimating the calories you need in a day to function, and when you go over you're body's grabbing up the extras like a guy in the desert attacking a Poland Springs vendor!

This is what I would think...
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I know that I upped my caloric intake to a maintenance level when I hit a plateau and I started losing again, though at a profoundly slower rate. These last 3-5 pounds are going to take forever, but the fact that I get to eat more than 1200 calories a day to do it makes it OK!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I would also think it matters what your goal is set at. If you are set for a 2 lb a week deficit & still go "over" you can still lose because you are still at a overall deficit.
  • beckbeck
    beckbeck Posts: 31
    Options
    Yup, it's happening for me too (my ticker says I have lost 1 lb. but it hasn't been working or something because I have lost about 8 lb. since April 20th)! I think that I am way more active than I thought and entered in the Goals section. I have four kids, two of them 4 and 1 1/2 years old, and I am almost ALWAYS on my feet!
  • phipps
    phipps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is probably a stupid question but how do I know what my calorie goal should be?