Something that needs to be said......

Options
I posted this on another thread but I am seeing it a little more than I would like to so I am posting it again here in its own place......

I would like to know though where all the attitude some people on this site comes from? We are all here for the same reason!
There is absolutely no reason to get on these boards and have attitude towards one another. :noway: If you want to have attitude have it about something that deserves attitude (being over weight and not trying to do anything to make it better, friends who don't understand why you want to lose weight, etc), not a person that is posting something trying to help all of us. If you are angry, go for a walk and cool off before deciding to post. And finally have a great day..... :wink:

Replies

• hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    well said :)
    i completely agree with you
  • erinmusgrove
    Options
    well said...we are supposed to be here to help and motivate each other, not bash each other or bring the person down.....
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Amen to that, sister! :drinker:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    *Like!*
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    My understanding is negative attitudes tend to come from jealousy and past history, basically negativeness comes from taking something on a personal level. We see it a lot around here, and in our personal lives; someone feeling left behind or feeling self pitty for not keeping up to their end of the bargain - what ever that may be. (many other reasons too I'm sure, I see it most for these reasons though)

I couldn't agree more, to keep all the negativeness to onesself, but it's driven from somewhere, and it's not going to go away. I like to kill it with kindness, someone could be having a bad day and instead of lashing back, I just keep in mind they're not mad at me, but agitated or upset personally with themselves.

Great post! :flowerforyou:
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Great Post....Great Replys :smile:
  • geoffsroote
    geoffsroote Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aren't you giving attitude to those who give attitude? haha!

Seriously though, there is no way you can have a 100% harmonious community here, even the biggest loser has it's troublemakers *cough* Koli *cough*

People have their inherent traits and are just argumentative by nature, some people want to lose weight but don't lose the hateful sides of themselves along with it. Those people are like bad TV, if you don't like em, just don't pay any attention.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just had to go look and see which posts you were talking about and I couldn't agree more. No need to get defensive or argumentative. You can disagree with someone without being over the top. Success here is what is most important.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    WTH is the LIKE button on this thread?

*hits giant LIKE button!*
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was curious too and had to go see what prompted your post. I completely agree with you. I think that some people just get defensive and if that's coupled with being argumentative that's even worse. We are all here to achieve similar goals and to give & receive support in the process. No one should ever forget that.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    LOVES This!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was curious too and had to go see what prompted your post. I completely agree with you. I think that some people just get defensive and if that's coupled with being argumentative that's even worse. We are all here to achieve similar goals and to give & receive support in the process. No one should ever forget that.

Of course you agree with me - you're from Chicago and I grew up there LOL :drinker:
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    The best thing to do is ignore people like that we are all here for the same reason:flowerforyou: . Well said!!!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    No matter what, somebody is always going to have something negative to say. Thanks for posting this!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think the idea behind the thread was great...being that I don't see a lot of low-carbers I'm always curious to see what people have to say, especially since I know so many people disagree with it. We should be able to put out our ideas and thoughts and opinions without it being a big argument!

Thanks for posting this! :flowerforyou: I was starting to feel really dashed over that other one...
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Right on, Surlydave! Go Hawks!!!
  • cina409
    cina409 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm still new to this so I haven't had a problem yet. I hope we all are here to motivate each other because this is hard enough. Next time someone is just being a jerk tell them to go eat a cookie already and chill out. :tongue:
    817275.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    AGREED! some people just like to keep or try to keep others down!!!
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    I guess i'm out of the loop because i've not seen negativity....
    very well said though
    you have to work on your insides for the outside to line up too