I just quit smoking !!!!!

Options
I just quit smoking and started walking today.
I'm 45 and I'm ready to change my life. I need support on this journey I'm about to embark on.

Replies

• rachellefitz
    Options
    you are off to a great start!! I would be happy to help encourage you to stay on track! feel free to add me :)
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am with you on your journey. Feel free to add me
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    how did you quit? I want to but I'm scared I'll replace smoking with eating.
  • jamesleesmith
    jamesleesmith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. Sounds like your off to a great one. Good luck!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Taking that first step is the hardest (I'm a smoker). I wish you luck.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I getting ready to do that too. It is time......
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I quit yesterday.
    It lasted 10 hours.....
    But...I have an excuse.

I work away 5 weeks and then home a week. Yesterday was the day I came home.
    I neglected to tell SWMBO that I was quitting and she had made me 200 cigs.
    That's an awful lot of effort for me to say "ta but no thanks love"

So my non smoking is on a haiatus till these are gone.
    But once they're gone, they're gone. No more. I am determined.
  • Alcanta
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I quit on New Year (2 months tomorrow). Not over yet, it is a long process, maybe a lifetime one...

The best thing one can ever do for themselves. Congratulations on the decision!

I was so scared of putting weight that actually lost one size. It can be done.

Shall we be friends?
  • cbardorf
    Options
    AJHUGZ - that was my pitfall, but wasnt aware of it, i think you will be OK since you know to watch out!!

Iif you do increase your eating, try to use fruits and veggies raw and sans dressings etc. then you will have a positive habit, because you may need some sort of 'habit' at the beginning. Im just talking about those 5minute moments you know?
  • SusanLisa13
    Options
    That is great ! You should be proud of yourself. When I started this program and started to exercise, I found that I really didn't want to smoke and I felt so much better.
  • pscyoryda
    Options
    I have been smoke free for a year and a week. Congrats on the decision, it is a long hard road but you will be happier for it!
  • Kristi858
    Kristi858 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This will be the best decision you'll ever make! I'm a former smoker... Things will start tasting better.... you'll actually be able to smell things again! And exercise will come SO much easier! Plus, you don't smell like an ashtray anymore! :) I didn't replace cigarettes with food, just chewed gum! Don't give up! The rewards are soooo worth it!
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    i'm not ready to quit yet getting the weight off and attempting to drink less booze is enough of a life style change for this year!
  • ajhugz
    Options
    AJHUGZ - that was my pitfall, but wasnt aware of it, i think you will be OK since you know to watch out!!

Iif you do increase your eating, try to use fruits and veggies raw and sans dressings etc. then you will have a positive habit, because you may need some sort of 'habit' at the beginning. Im just talking about those 5minute moments you know?

I've already slowed down. i went from smoking a pack a day to at most 4-5 cigs a day. I can go hours without smoking, then I realize it and I smoke smh. Slowly but surely they're becoming disgusting to me.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    Good for you! This will be the best decision you'll ever make! I'm a former smoker... Things will start tasting better.... you'll actually be able to smell things again! And exercise will come SO much easier! Plus, you don't smell like an ashtray anymore! :) I didn't replace cigarettes with food, just chewed gum! Don't give up! The rewards are soooo worth it!

I forgot about gum. I'll try that.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! All my family smokes (son, daughter, husband). I don't.
    At least they go outside so I don't have to breathe it or clean the nasty walls.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
    I'm a nurse and see the ravages of smoking every day.
    Your body will thank you :smile:
  • sandiesluka
    Options
    I;m right there with you. I'm on my 4th day and feeling strong, but the weekend is what gets me so I'm changing up my routine to stay focused. You should be proud of yourself that's awesome!
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Way To Go Girl . I am 44 and amost two years quit and is the best thing I ever done ,only regret is why I did not do it before :).
    Add me and Congrats again
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I quit two Thanksgivings ago, feel free to add me for support!