Good healthy snacks for a drive in movie?

Options
Limitations- I'm not into microwave popcorn (Only the movie stuff), but I need lower cal munchies for my fiance and my trip to the drive in tomorrow night. We have no cooler or way to heat anything once in the car, so whatever it is needs to be able to last at room temp for at least a little while. Any ideas?

Replies

• Mermex84
    Options
    Special K cracker chips is the only thing coming to mind! They have some pretty yummy flavors too :) I would also suggest dark chocolate dipped strawberries, but they might get melty.
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Instead of popcorn, try popchips. Instead of candy, go for chocolate covered pretzels. Both are tasty, satisfying and surprising low in calories. I often will take fruit or veggies if I'm trying to be really good, but those two options won't break the calorie bank either. Have fun at the movies!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Make your own trail mix
    apple slices and peanut butter
    clementines
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous that you live somewhere that you can attend a drive-in movie right now. That's out of the question in this snow-hole for at least 3-4 more months.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pop chips - Trail mix
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Aldi has these vanilla covered raisins and they have various "nuts" (i.e. walnts, peanuts, almonds, etc). I mix the vanilla covered raisins with the nuts (like a trail mix); DELICIOUS! And the best prt is the vanilla raisins are prt of the healthy food line they offer (Fit for Life I think). You should try tht :)