New to the forums

Options
Hey everyone. I joined MFP over a year ago and tried it for awhile but didn't stick with it. I've been struggling with my weight for most of my life. At one point a few years ago, I started dieting (tried the low-carb thing) and exercised like a madman, and I had dropped around 100lbs over the course of several months. Several years later, I had since moved, stopped going to the gym and went back into my unhealthy eating habits and gained it all back.

My big triggers were fast food, late night eating, simply overeating out of boredom, and drinking massive amounts of soda everyday. I also just simply have never followed a healthy, positive diet combined with a smart and healthy exercise plan before. I had trouble staying motivated and not getting distracted.

I am ready to make these changes in life, as I am not getting any younger. I have cut out most of fast food, soda and I'm making healthier and smarter decisions both at home and at work. I sit for 8 hours a day at a desk, so there isn't a whole lot of room for movement there. I am also getting back to the gym (and working out at home), as well as exploring some fun new ways to enjoy being healthy (looking into some Yoga-based programs to supplement my normal workouts.)

I have read a lot of the stories/journeys on here and just being in this community for a short time again has already made me feel welcome and motivated to stick with it. My most positive memories of working out and living well were being at the gym around others who were also accomplishing the same goals.

So I'm using MFP again to end the excuses and make the changes that will be beneficial now, and years down the road! Any help, support, motivation is appreciated.

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It sounds as if you have done your homework. It will work. Even if you havean off day, don't get discouraged. There is always a new day within reach.
  • djm81sp
    Options
    Thanks! The one thing I have gained (besides weight lol) is some serious patients. I realize that this takes time and I wont (and shouldn't) lose 100lbs in 2 months. Its all a process.
  • SkiinyMe
    Options
    It is in the process and patient is key to losing weight safely and permanently!:smile:
  • Kylie0731
    Kylie0731 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the right mind set to be successful. Good for you for not giving up! Feel free to add me.
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you're back. You shed 100 lbs before and you can do it again. Fast food and sodas would make anyone gain. I tend to eat late at night too, but here recently I'm trying to keep from doing it. Some suggest drinking a glass of water before eating anything. May try that for the night hungers too. Feel free to add me. I'm on here for the same reasons as you and many many others. Good luck!!!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)
  • djm81sp
    Options
    Thank you to everyone, I already am feeling much more positive about these life changing decisions. :)
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Trust me, having people cheer you on daily helps a lot. I also leave my food log open so everyone can see what I eat...makes me stick to the healthy stuff more. It's really more of a mental thing...I make a point to log everything. I choose not to eat something extremely unhealthy bc I know I've got eyes watching me :)
  • djm81sp
    Options
    I think that having an open book on what I eat will also help quite a bit.
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. if you lost that much before You Know What to Do. You can do it again and then sum go for it.
    I am new to MFP and loving it and all of the information here good luck
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good job getting started! i know exactly how you feel. I took that first step, and have already seen some results. Stay positive and focused and you will get there. Feel free to add me if you want. :)